Appropriate for the eyes of Robloxians? [THIRD EDIT]

This is just… Yikes.
They arent bad looking in terms of design. But having a 9 year old or a 13-14 year old playing this? I’m sure they would probably get quite terrified. Heck, if I caught my kid playing this at a young age I would probably never let him go near this game again.

Now do not take this as a insult. Thats not what im trying to do here. The designs look great. But this seems a bit too much dont you think?

edit: unless this is just for a showcase, disregard what I said. But for a actual, front page game? I would say make it more friendly.

2 Likes

A heart is just a body part though, everyone has one, what’s so gorey about it

I’m not sure anyone here has addressed this yet, but the human liver, in tandem with the blood splatter on the plate, most definitely falls under the category of gore. So regardless of the other features, that will run you right into conflict with moderation.

1 Like

What’s the replacement then? Just the liver and no blood?

That’s the issue with this idea. Different people have different definitions of “gore” which can cause issues. I wish that a staff member of some type could define gore as used in Roblox’s point of view…

1 Like

@outfoxing, I think moving towards just a liver without bodily fluids would be a start, or turning to a non-human organ, even something zany like extraterrestrials would be a better way to go. Of course, you lose some of the elements that build the serious mood you’ve been striving towards but it’s a compromise to avoid moderation.

@benben3963, I think it’s safe to assume that in almost all contexts, human organs leaking blood are considered gore. Basic searches seem to point towards the universal definition of gore as being something involving blood. Common alternate definitions elaborate further as blood resulting from violence or gruesome sights.
The heart backpack, I would say, is closer to a gray-area.

I’m not quite sure if using a human liver for eating purposes would be okay…?

I remember the popular game Ro-Bio was taken down because the game used vaccines/diseases realistically on human avatars. Later, another version using robots was perfectly fine and is still a running game.

Now you may think this would be fine because games like bloodfest have organs and stuff visible on zombies, but the fact that these are human organs may be seen as inciting human violence? Not quite sure.

So, maybe use an animal organ instead?

1 Like

Why?

Right off the bat my ultra conservative parents would never have let me play such a game. I don’t think children want to play that stuff either. Simulators are so successful because they’re bright and happy, not because they take place in Hell.

If you want to make a more mature game, I would not market it as a simulator. Especially since the photos you have shown look quite gory and could be seen as distressing. Market is as a horror game or something.

As for being against the Roblox rules, I doubt Roblox is going to let human organs sitting on plates slide.

But your work looks absolutely amazing! 10/10

3 Likes

The heart doesn’t bother me at all, and may or may not be appropriate for audiences.

The Worm Pie and Maggot Ham do have a nice aesthetic, and is horrifying; but I recommend to reduce the amount of gore on them.

I really think the Human Liver has to go, although it gives a nice aesthetic.

Which heart is better?

Easily the right/new one. :+1:

1 Like

Don’t animals have livers? I can just rename it to an animal liver. But would that change the fact that its an organ nontheless? Would Roblox take offense to an organ being connected to gore or?

EDIT: I’ll just get rid of it then and stick doing other items just like the pie and the ham. Animated weirdly to go along with the aesthetic of the game.

1 Like

First of all, I’d like to just point out that you’d want to try preventing players that are under 13 from playing this game, due to obvious reasons. The heart and face backpacks (new) would most likely be fine since they are a lot less graphic than before and aren’t so gory.

You should try replacing the human liver with something else (or just rename it). As for the other 2 food items, try lessening the detail,as you did for the heart.

This is bad advice.

You can’t “just rename” a liver that is clearly covered in blood. It is a liver covered in blood no matter which angle you look at it from.

The gruesome novelties portrayed within the original post may be piquant for some and disgusting to others, but that’s mainly a matter of personal interest. While I can look at the disembodied liver and find its detail repulsive, I’m sure someone else could find it amusing. The majority of answers here appear to be based on that personal judgement, and that’s acceptable, since there are no firm rules regarding this concept produced by Roblox as of yet.

But the line to draw, in practice, is when gruesome creations do not conform and would not appeal to the majority of Roblox’s target audience. As the original poster stated, “Hell’s Menu” will be:

Feeding a monster a disembodied liver on a plate covered in blood is completely gross, inane, and unnecessarily gory. I don’t know where this idea has originated that “the liver can be renamed.” It has no name to begin with; it is clearly a liver. Please put this fantasy behind you; pretending that the disembodied liver is not a disembodied liver is simply duplicitous.

Overall, I am convinced that the majority of Roblox’s target audience would find this repulsive. It’s not a matter of personal taste (a word I did not wish to use there) but one of utilitarianism.

1 Like

I’ll remove the liver and instead replace it with an animated food object like the other two things on the menu. Liver was a bad idea honestly and I’ll remove it from the game at once.

Oh. Did you make that edit before I replied? I didn’t see it as I was replying to Profess_ional, sorry.

Regardless if it’s allowed or not, I personally love the aesthetic here, great work!