Arcade Island Commitment To Fair Fun

:palm_tree: Arcade Island’s Commitment To Fair Fun

Hey there, I’m BeastyBlake101! I’m the lead developer and creative director of Arcade Island. You may concerned about Arcade Island’s monetization and game design practices, and if they align and with Roblox rules.

It is a top priority of Arcade Island to be transparent with our practices, in addition to being in full compliance with the Randomized Virtual Items Policy and Community Rules.

Arcade Island is established with the goal and purpose of enabling players to enjoy the same passion and love for arcades as I do while respecting original IP, maintaining fair gameplay, and offering reasonable microtransactions to support my development.

Roblox Randomized Virtual Items Policy

Game developers commonly create an in-game economy which lets players buy/earn virtual items, upgrades, currency, etc. Under our Terms of Use, developers must indicate the actual numerical odds of what players may receive when purchasing a random virtual item, either for Robux or other currency.

A player buys virtual coins in exchange for Robux (non-random purchase). Later, the player throws a virtual coin into a fountain to receive a random virtual item. In this scenario, you must disclose the odds of receiving each type of random item before the player throws the virtual coin into the fountain.

Luck based or influenced machines have their outcome percentages listed in compliance with the Randomized Virtual Items Policy.

Players play arcade machines using chips, a currency that can be purchased with Robux. On some arcade machines at Arcade Island, players receive a randomized, non-skill based, uncontrollable outcome in the amount of tickets they can win. In this case, Arcade Island is in full compliance of the randomized virtual items policy by posting signs listing the potential random item, tickets, a player may receive in exchange for spending purchased virtual currency, chips.

Roblox Community Rules

Except where prohibited by local law or regulation, we allow the portrayal of gambling in experiences, no real money, Robux, or anything that can become real money or Robux, may be exchanged in these experiences. We also require that the odds of winning be fair and not skewed in the developer’s favor.

Arcade Island is an arcade, not a robux gambling game, and there is a very clear difference. Gambling would be paying out chips, currency used to play the machines, or paying out robux/real money. Instead, players receive the randomized virtual item of tickets in alignment with the Randomized Virtual Items Policy. Tickets cannot be converted back into chips.

Furthermore, machines at Arcade Island are never designed to be rigged, even for our most dedicated players. Keeping machines fair and fun provides the best experience for the player, thus keeping satisfied players coming back to my game.

Arcade Island has been featured by Roblox themselves several times, and if Arcade Island was not in good nature with these rules, it is safe to assume action would have already been taken by this time.

Behind The Game Design

Designing Around Entertainment

If we assume a player chooses to purchase beyond the completely free rewards they are given daily, it would cost them <$0.05 to play one of Arcade Island’s most popular randomized arcade machines, Big Fish Wheel. With even the lowest and least value purchase package Arcade Island offers, this will offer a notable amount of playtime and entertainment for the money spent.

Monetization Intentions

The intention of the game is not to take people’s money and run with it; in fact, I really didn’t even earn enough money to call this a job of any sorts until ItsFunneh featured my work on her YouTube channel. I created this because I love arcades, then remastered it during the health crisis since arcades have been closed. It always disappoints me when someone thinks that my objective was to create a cash grab and I hope I can better demonstrate my objectives to those people. I have spent countless hours in Roblox Studio to make experiences that the real world hasn’t been able to offer.

Delayed Gratification Game Design

Waiting for chips is a replay and monetization strategy that a variety of games use, such as Clash of Clans, and Candy Crush. This waiting period both promotes players to consider support my game, or, if they choose not to, return to the game later on for more free gameplay. Awarding players non-stop chips would burn out the replay value of the game quickly, and replay value is already a challenge in the core fundamentals of my game.

Transparency with Luck Based Gameplay

It is a top priority of mine to act as transparent as possible with gameplay. Unlike real arcades, no machines here are set to payout rates but are rather percentage chance based. Luck based or influenced machines have their outcome percentages listed in compliance with the Randomized Virtual Items Policy.

Skill Machine Adaptive Difficulty

Some skill based machines adjust in difficulty depending on the skill level demonstrated by players in a server. Depending on how a player demonstrates skill, difficulty will increase or decrease for that machine for the next play. This allows me to keep machines entirely skill based, creating an exciting and adaptive challenge for all skill levels instead constantly pouring out rewards to players. This system is designed to keep machines challenging, but still possible at all times for our most skilled players. I am always willing to listen to feedback from dedicated players on settings adjustments they believe need to be made.

Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a trick to winning luck based machines?
No. You get lucky. There is no skill involved. Results are determined by a random number generator.

Are luck based machines set to payout at set intervals?
No. Luck based machines at Arcade Island do not use payout systems. Results are completely random and players have an equal chance of winning every play.

If I play a luck based machine with a 1% chance of winning the bonus 100 times, am I guaranteed to win?
No. These chances represent long term numbers. With thousands of attempts, these chances will be most closely statistically reflected. Each play has an equal chance of winning the desired outcome. This is known as independent probability.

If I play a luck based machine and get Result A the first time, does that mean I have a greater chance to get Result B the next time?
No. This belief is called gambler’s fallacy. Each play has an equal chance of winning the desired outcome. This is known as independent probability.

If I play a luck based machine where no won has won the bonus for a long time, does that mean someone will win the bonus soon?
No. Past outcomes will not determine future outcomes of luck based machines. Each play has an equal chance of winning the desired outcome. This is known as independent probability.

If I play a luck based machine and win the ticket bonus, will the machine stop paying out in future plays to make up for the win?
No. This would be a payout system. Arcade Island does not use payout systems. Each play has an equal chance of the desired outcome. This is known as independent probability. For example, if you won 1000 tickets on a machine, you have an equal chance of winning 1000 tickets the very next play.

Skill machines on the other hand may make difficultly level adjustments depending on the skill level of players demonstrated in the server. Arcade Island is committed to making these skill adjustments challenging, but always possible for our most skilled players.

Does Arcade Island change the chances of luck based machines on the fly, such as on a peak weekend?
No. Any changes made are with the intention of being long term modifications and are reflected in the chance signs posted next to machines. This would be extremely unethical and infringe upon my principle of equality of opportunity.

Are near miss features intentionally programmed into luck based machines at Arcade Island?
No. Outcomes of luck based machines are completely randomized. If it appears you have almost won a machine, you truly almost won the machine. If you were one tick away on a wheel from winning 1000 tickets, that is the random outcome that was generated by the machine. A near miss effect would also be difficult and time consuming to implement.

If someone wins a luck based machine right after I stopped playing it, would I have won had I continued playing?
No. Randomized outcomes are generated based on the epoch time seed. In simple terms, this means that in order for you to have won the machine, you would have needed to have operated the machine at the very same fraction of a second as the winning the player.

If I have to choose between multiple options during a luck based machine, are the results already predetermined?
No. Results are not already predetermined. For example, if you have to choose between walking away with 500 tickets or continue for a chance at 2000 tickets, the machine has not already determined the outcome if you continue.

Arcade Island Goals and Achievements

Arcade Island was created because I love arcades, and I wanted to share that passion in a community with others while meanwhile having an opportunity to earn some money as an investment for my future goals.

Questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to @BeastyBlake101 on Twitter. Happy gaming!

11 Likes