Archived assets shouldn't show up in the toolbox

In this screenshot, I’ve archived PortalGlow and PortalGlow2, as indicated by the ? icon.

Attempting to insert an archived asset gives an error so they serve no purpose being there and get in the way of
Toolbox failed to insert asset 17098323931 Images/PortalGlow2: Temp read failed.

Expected behavior

I expect the toolbox to not display these items, if I wanted to see them I would restore them.

3 Likes

Hey @mothmage, thanks for reporting this. Do you happen to know how long it’s been happening for you?

I believe this may have been happening for as long as archiving assets has existed, I only encountered it because it because I started archiving assets I have no intentions of using. It’s something I’d love to see fixed because there are instances where groups I’m in have rows of archived assets in the toolbox view.

Hi! Definitely understand the inconvenience this issue causes. We are taking a step back to reevaluate our overall asset management experience across our various tools (creator dashboard, asset manager, toolbox, etc.) and hope to provide a holistic update that addresses issues such as this one as well. We will circle back when there’s an update!

1 Like