[Archived] roPresence - Rich Presence for Roblox

roPresence hardly ever works for me, worked fine on first day and now just doesn’t work at all.

1 Like

What’s happening? Do you get an error or something? You can also file a bug report on our GitHub. ^^’

1 Like

The Studio status logo is already shown, I don’t think you need more. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for this little but useful program!

4 Likes

I’ve downloaded it and started it, worked great. But as of who I am, I straight off edited the code so it fits to my likings. (etc certain places won’t be shown and will be masked as “Private”). But thanks for making this!

1 Like

Glad you like it! Feel free to open a PR if you wish to make changes!

New update coming out in some minutes @ https://github.com/JiveOff/roPresence/releases

This update brings a better handling of Discord connection failures thanks to @davness, new binaries (no need to install anything, just run the binary file included in the release!)

CC @ItzFireable

2 Likes

If this does detect what game they’re playing (given the permissions allow it), is it possible to add a button to instantly drop the verified user into the game

1 Like

No. A link is not supported in rich presence.

What do you mean by dropping the verified user into the game?

What the Roblox API returns, im pretty sure there is a call for the user id of the currently logged in user

Discord’s IPC returns a bunch of information about the client such as the Client ID. I simply get the Roblox UserId thanks to evaera’s API, the API that RoVer uses for the Roblox verification.
Once I get the UserId, I send a request to my own API server that, through an authenticated user (roPresence_bot), gets the presence from the Roblox Presences API Endpoint. It works just like a normal user regarding the privacy settings of your own account.

Consider going off of the following:

• Whether or not RobloxPlayerBeta.exe is open
  • Latest log file from %LocalAppData%\Roblox\logs

You can get both the user, game, and a bunch of other fun data like the server instance ID (you might be able to setup a follow system with this if Discord has made the join button feature public) from the log files, and you won’t need to go off of the verify.eryn.io API.

3 Likes

Hey Jive.
Have you tried Not using a cookie and fetching to https://api.roblox.com/users/${userid}/onlinestatus It might work without a cookie. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Help?

2 Likes

I might remake this sometime with a gui and the ability for games to set a users status when they are playing. For example:

• grilme99
  • In match 55/100
  • 0:34:04 elapsed
2 Likes

Im confused, I installed node.js, installed and extracted the zip folder, made sure my roblox privacy settings are right, verified my account, ran most of the programs, according to the log, it’s ‘running’, i did change the SH files to open in node.js if that broke anything. I tried playing a game and it still didn’t work.

I was going to suggest this to my discord server, but if I can’t even get it to work…

Have you remembered to enable “Display current game” in Discord settings?

1 Like

Awesome idea!
I will start working around this idea.

1 Like

Just fixed this issue, just restart the presence.