Are 3rd party advertisements allowed?

I have been contacted by a company that is building a Roblox-based ad network that would pay me to place banner ads in my game.

Now I’m not sure if I even want to integrate such ads in my game, but before I even consider it, is this plainly against any rules?

In more detail, the company has created a package I could put in my game, which would contact their server to retrieve ads and record impressions. They also include an ad billboard Model which could be placed where I want in a game. They offered to pay me whenever a player looks at such an ad billboard for long enough time.

1 Like

Is the ad to a Roblox game or a website? It’s kind of unclear what you’re talking about.

2 Likes

It’s an ad network, so they pick the ads to show. From talking to them it seemed they’d be ads for big brands like Lego, but the ad network hasn’t actually launched yet so can’t really be sure.

If you’re going to be advertising anything outside of Roblox, that won’t be allowed. You can only advertise thing inside of Roblox.

I hope this helps!

4 Likes

Paid advertising to outside platforms is probably on the higher end of “not allowed”, but that can’t be answered authoritatively because I’m not staff (and so the above answer should also be taken subjectively). It’s best you message Developer Engagement for help with this.

On the other hand, collaborating with third party companies for events in your game is definitely allowed. Collaborations in themselves are sort of like adverts but much more thorough in the way they’re conducted rather than just a blatant “we have this product, please check it out”.

1 Like

he’s just saying that people are paying him to put a billboard on their game that teleports them to another game (assuming). if its trying to sell products, that’s DEFINITELY not allowed, but idk about that billboards thing. maybe it would so go to this game! new update! new hobby! blabalbal

1 Like