Are anime character names allowed?

Hey! I’ve been thinking about developing a Roblox game about a popular anime character (like Sasuke or Luffy) with similar skills/moveset, but I’m not sure if it is allowed on Roblox (because of copyright). I’ve only seen this (with, literally, the same name and everything) at Saitama Battlegrounds, but it doesn’t seem to have any issues. Is it completely safe? I’ll call it something like “Goku Combat”.

Thank you for reading!

1 Like

No your aren’t safe in this case, if you are literally taking most of the Anime and copying it on you can’t

2 Likes

No, only for the title, like Saitama Battlegrounds (which use a similar moveset, but it is pretty general).

Thank you for replying!

1 Like

Only the title? I think that’s more in a grey zone, but I think you should simply change the name a bit like:
Saitama—>(name similar but sign the same)

1 Like

What do you mean? Something like “Gokulol”?

Thank you for replying!

Yes, something that is similar to Goku but not the same, like Jocu

1 Like

It’s just that the title wouldn’t be as eyecatching as before. Why do you think that Saitama Battlegrounds doesn’t get taken down? No one cares?

Thank you for replying!

Most anime games on Roblox are blatant copyright infringement and there appears to be nothing being done about it. I wouldn’t worry about it

1 Like

I never actually played it but it might be because the people of Saitama didn’t see the Game and don’t know about it’s existence and so it doesn’t get DMCA Banned

1 Like

I wouldn’t say so, if Roblox keeps changing their Rules this might become a Rule-Breaking case

3 Likes

Copyright infringement is most definitely against Roblox’s TOS.

1 Like

Yes it currently is, that’s why you shouldn’t do it

1 Like

It’s not being enforced really. I advise against it but all I’m saying is no big anime company is stopping you… Yet

1 Like

That yet is what makes this even worse…

Anyways, just don’t do it, if you don’t want to risk…

1 Like