Are barcodes allowed?

I’m drawing an UV texture for a water bottle and of course the bottle needs a barcode. However, would Roblox’s moderation system consider a barcode a “website link” or something along those lines? I really don’t want to get warned for a barcode and without it, the bottle just looks kinda empty

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use barcode if I was you. Roblox may think it’s sending you to a 3rd party website.

5 Likes

its safe not to use a barcodes or smthg cuz o’ boblox moderation, tho I did see someone use a qr code that had text: ‘[CREATOR-NAME] was here.’

I’ve seen barcodes uploaded to roblox. You’re probably fine. Once I scanned one and it sent me to an NSFW site, so pretty sure roblox barcodes don’t get moderated…

1 Like

As far as I am concerned, barcodes nor QR codes are not allowed on Roblox since they are considered to be off-site links. This also applies to the codes that leads to websites that are allowed on Roblox like Twitter, Youtube, etc. (you can still put the link in your game but not in form of a barcode).

If you want to add some details to your water bottle, I would suggest doing something like this. What I have done here is to hide out a portion of a barcode, and it got through moderation without any issues.

Happy to help! :smiley:

1 Like