Are Censor Bars Allowed?

So when the character is naked (like taking a shower), can I put censor bars over where private parts should be? I’m trying to make a realistic game, and having simple skin on where private parts should be doesn’t seem realistic, and it’s kind of inappropriate. On the other hand, censor bars can encourage the thought of there being private parts, so I’m really unsure.

2 Likes

You could try putting a bar that is blured and when someone enters the showers, it becomes visible.

I mean I think your ok as long as you don’t have them doing anything bad…

1 Like

In real life, black censor bars are used to “block” anything that may be deemed inappropriate for the intended audience. Roblox is a bit different than real life, and their ToS have countless gray zones which can be interpreted differently depending on the moderator reviewing it. For instance, one moderator might think that it’s fine to have a black box to censor the “private parts” but another moderator might thing that it’s suggestive of there actually being “private parts” there.

In my opinion, it would be fine to have a black box to censor it, but if I were you I would go on the safe side and just have the character wear shorts in the shower. Again, it’s probably fine to do either, but a good stand on this is “If I need to ask if it’s okay, it may not be”.

8 Likes

As long as there is nothing under the censor bar that is inappropriate, it is fine.

For instance, you obviously can’t have clothing that makes the character appear naked, then blur this, but you can (by design) make the clothing have a blur.

I suggest not even showing them in the shower, just put the camera outside the shower curtain, boom problem solved don’t need censor bars AND nothing is innapropriate.

3 Likes

Ideally, Don’t even. a shower scene is likely too much. as they’re really gun-ho on implied nudity when it comes to moderation.

but, if you must… I’d recommend a cloud of steam over the entire character minus the head… make sure none of the body is visible, and don’t even remove the clothes.

1 Like

this probably doesn’t sound realistic but you could try make the player wear a towel around their body! a censorship would be too much and would probably lead to your game being banned lol

No. This is considered suggestive content. No excceptions.