Are circle wheel GUIs even possible?

I want to make a circle wheel GUI but the issue is the square boxes of the ImageButton make it impossible without the buttons overlapping.

I have tried to export the images from Photoshop already in place as one big image but the problem still occurs because the transparent part is still clickable.

I’ve googled and searched and I’m starting to think it’s impossible.
What do you guys think?

1 Like

Can you just create your circular shape (without buttons) then add text or image buttons properly sized to fit inside the shape? I assume you’ll need some kind of image/text so users know what does what, so why not make those the buttons. Making it look something like the image below, obviously with your images/text.

1 Like

This would work but I really wanted the whole arch piece to be clickable. I could make a bunch of small buttons to fit around the curve but I feel there still has to be a better way.

I’m not sure if you’re a programmer but really the only way to do that if they’re overlapping is to create a local script that would edit the zindex of the button the player is currently hovering over to make it the top one so there wouldn’t be any interference with clicking. Even if you aren’t, the code wouldn’t be hard to do.

I was working on figuring this out and Roblox removed the circle3 image and gave me a community warning.

This is my like 5th time getting these over GUI element. What could I be doing wrong?

1 Like

You can DM the Mod Review Requests group to get the decal reviewed. They should be able to take care of the warning as well, but if they can’t reach out to Support - Roblox.

1 Like

Instead of having the boxes critical why not make it a radial selector or an intersection selector?:

From this thread:

3 Likes

WHAAAT… this is exactly what I’m doing but simplified… I’ve been stressing for hours and here you are with the god tier solution. Thank you!