Are gallows and guillotines more accepted now?

I’m in the early stages of planning out a passion horror project with the team I’m working for. We wish to build scenes that have a relatively dark, somber atmosphere to set the tone of the game. With the somewhat recent release of Age Ratings and developers being allowed to cater to a 17+ audience, I was wondering just how lenient Roblox TOS are with mild horror graphics such as guillotines (potentially without blood), gallows and blood stains. What about older devices like the Iron Maiden?

I’ve done some research around the Devforums and found a couple of older posts speculating that these sorts of props are against the TOS, though I don’t know how that represents today’s policies.
Does anyone know anything more about the application of the TOS, and whether our team has a ‘go ahead’ with this sort of content?

I’d love to hear about your experiences with content moderation and potentially any concrete responses!

1 Like

You should be fine so long as the models aren’t overly intense or potentially offensive. I’ve seen gallows and guillotines in a good handful of posts and games, but there really isn’t a precedent due to how back and forth Roblox moderation seem to be when it comes to gore.
Tread lightly, don’t go overly intense with blood, and I wouldn’t aim for complete realism for the sake of protecting yourself.

Should go without saying but I would most definitely stay away from anything which may be associated with racism like nooses and such.

3 Likes

What are you going to be using them for?

Refrain from showing blood or making it functional. Other than that I don’t see much of a problem with it.

It makes more sense for you to list out what it could be used for and asying if it is against ToS

I made an open ended question because I’m not 100% sure if they are allowed if they are decoration, but I can guarantee that they are not allowed if they are actually used.

I also forgot to mention that Roblox never changed their rules due to the new age rating feature. They are still the same.

1 Like

Simple scenery props for horror maps. They wouldn’t be operational, just parts of a storytelling scene.

I noticed they did alter the Gore and violence section in the TOS compared to what it used to be back in '20. Not sure if that’s relevant here though so apologies if I’m on the wrong track :grin:

1 Like