Are Mass Group Payouts allowed on Roblox?

Are games where players can exchange in-game items for Robux against TOS? (for example, players get 1 Robux for 100 in-game coins, some sort of web backend automatically processes mass group payouts at the end of each day)

I read through the Roblox TOS and Guidelines recently and I wasn’t entirely sure if this sort of system would be compliant or not. I noticed there are games where people sell in game items like paintings for Robux to other users via UGC Clothing (see: Starving Artists on Roblox) which seems like a roundabout way of allowing players to earn Robux through a game

This is allowed, but I recommend not using a hacky web backend and just stick with the user’s uploaded products, specifically gamepasses.

Besides, how would you supply the funds?

What if your game gets really popular, and all of your robux is gone.

I appreciate your opinion - you obviously have no context about the mechanic or anything at all. I just wanted to know if it was TOS compliant or not :slight_smile:

This breaks two rules:

(that’s Rule 24 I cropped the image poorly)

This is a one-size-fits-all rule. While the use cases may not entirely fit your design here, it still applies. This is not allowed, period.

1 Like

Yes.
You are not allowed to host giveaways on Roblox with Robux. Which means you cannot exchange in-game currency with robux.
You can certainly pay a contributor who played your game so much that he gave true help, then paying him could be qualified as a commission payout.