Are no smoking signs allowed in roblox?

It should be fine. Tons of children who went out have probably seen the “no smoking” signs everywhere at stores and parks. As long as you don’t give the player the option to smoke, it’s acceptable.

1 Like

It does absolutely, but there are kids who may have never heard of it and might ask their parents. Plus roblox’s moderation is very unpredictable I often get completely safe images removed and had to re-upload them for it to work.

1 Like

I mean, everyone mostly has been on a plane where a no smoking sign is given. I think you shouldn’t upload a decal try using 3d text. “No Smoking”. Would be your best bet.

Yes. It is perfectly in the TOS. If your image gets wrongly moderated, I would recommend emailing appeals@roblox.com.

1 Like

Well, I’ve seen many airlines use it. But I personally haven’t used it. At the max, you just get a warning from Roblox, not even a ban.

Remember, a game can be moderated at any time!

This isn’t about what is culturally acceptable, even though children smoking is absolutely abhorrent and should be discouraged absolutely.

It is clear in the Roblox rules that smoking and other tobacco paraphernalia is banned - however I don’t see how this sign will breach those rules.

I hope that’s not true.

I think about it that way, apples would not be allowed why?

Because you can (in real life) force an apple piece down someones throath and suffocate them to death hence referencing to brutal murders …

Weird example, but I hope you get my point

1 Like

Lighters are fine, as long as not used in connection to smoking.

2 Likes

That’s the short and easy summary of my post lol, so yeah. I agree

It’s the Moderator’s Decision. If they choose to ban it they ban it. If they choose to not ban it, They don’t ban it.

1 Like

There isn’t a real reason to include it, and it’s better safe than sorry with grey areas like this.

It is more than likely that a moderator will interprete no smoking signs as against the rules and moderate (or possibly even delete) your assets or accounts.

2 Likes

Although the no smoking symbol is a cigarette with a line through it, meaning there are cigarettes, meaning it is against ToS

:no_smoking: see

1 Like

I do not see why they wouldn’t allow it. Theres plenty of decals already about Don’t Smoke or No Smoking, and putting that into a game isnt going to change it

However, having lighters, whilst having No Smoking signs there, may suggest they’re related. You probably would be fine, but you could also do matches.

Like you said, lighters are the cheap alternative, and matches would definitely work as substitutes if needed, as they’re small, and they dont last long, but arent very short lasting either. It would definitely fit into the game if needed.

Obviously, like you said, the sign is just a detail, and if Roblox arent alright with it (for whatever reason), it won’t affect your game.

That’s not a good idea, make sure to read the terms of use, you will find out the answer from there.

1 Like

That’s not how moderation works, images are scanned on Roblox.

1 Like

According to rule #11, the discussion and encouragement of “the use or sale of drugs, alcohol, or tobacco by minors” are prohibited. Considering you are not promoting smoking, then I would say it is safe. Of course, moderation has the final call and not us here discussing it on the topic.

2 Likes

Moderation is just a machine learning black box. Not even Roblox staff can be entirely sure until the exact image is provided. Their filter also changes, so something allowed 3 years ago might be outlawed now, but they don’t do rescans of the data ever.

My advice to you is to use a free already uploaded asset, or upload & pray.

1 Like

Any reference to those type of activities shouldn’t be allowed. This is a very gray area, but I’d suggest not risking it.

1 Like

You are point-blank wrong. Every asset uploaded is reviewed by a human moderator. Although many people (myself included) do suspect that there is AI used to assist with it (e.g. prioritizing requests).

1 Like