Are no smoking signs allowed in roblox?

I wanted to upload a no smoking sign decal for a sign in my shop.

Are they against roblox’s rules?

26 Likes

I don’t remember games including smoking, they might be against the rules but I couldn’t find anything about it in the ToS. But, no smoking signs sounds like a small detail that has no reason to be moderated, it’s not like a kid has never seen a no smoking sign before.

15 Likes

Could you explain why you want to include this sign? What do you expect to achieve with this sign? Or what does not having this sign prevent you from achieving?

3 Likes

well, in this shop, there are lighters for sale. But the only things the lighters are used for is light. And i thought it would be funny to have a no smoking sign next to the stock.

6 Likes

Ah I see. Part of me says that it would be allowed since the sign is advocating against smoking. But part of me also says not to because it is a reference to smoking in the first place. I would rather not include it.

23 Likes

Maybe have lanterns or something instead because lighters can be used for smoking?

3 Likes

i already have lanterns. The lighters are suppose to be cheap versions

1 Like

Hm, maybe just like a torch that you can light on fire but use like a campfire for it? A lighter in itself might seem too much like a reference to smoking.

3 Likes

“‘Alcohol, alcoholic references, drunkenness, smoking cigarettes, cigars, and vaping are not permitted.’” It doesn’t say smoking references, nor lighters are not allowed. So i suppose it would be fine to have a lighter as a light source.

8 Likes

Smoking in general in roblox isn’t allowed so I wouldn’t do any references similar to smoking in your games

9 Likes

After my experience, some role play games have a no-smoking sign every now and then, such as beside parks, shops, etc.

It should be fine to use it as long you aren’t promoting real-life smoking or engaging someone to smoke.

4 Likes

I would just upload it and see if it gets moderated.

4 Likes

Yes they’re allowed.

Why would a sign which discourages cigarettes and tobacco be filtered.

They should be glad people are provoking teenagers to quit smoking. Roblox has a large age range and there are players who smoke.

I’m 17 myself and I’ve known people who smoked tobacco since 13-14. It’s a sign not a drug shop you won’t get banned for that…

20 Likes

The issue is that it references it at all, it’s a bit of a grey area in the TOS.

3 Likes

I was banned for uploading a decal of a cigarette previously. It’s referencing to adult content, and is not permitted on Roblox. This was a few years ago, though. But I doubt the rules have changed regarding this.

Nobody knows until it’s tried.

Best to give it a shot regardless.

2 Likes

They are plenty of no smoking sign decals already uploaded into the library like this one.
https://www.roblox.com/library/2795215353/No-smoking
Just use that rather than risking your account by uploading your own. If you want to upload something that may be “questionable” for moderation reasons do it on an alt account so that you do not lose everything if the account gets banned.

7 Likes

Well, a no smoking sign is promoting good health.

7 Likes

I’ve actually uploaded one a long time ago. I would say it’s okay to be used if it did get past moderation. As @Almonty7655 said as well, there are plenty of no smoking decals already available on the website.

It’s here if you need any proof:
https://www.roblox.com/library/3020474626/nosm

5 Likes

I don’t believe ROBLOX allows anything related to smoking, cigars, etc. It is a drug. I would contact a staff member in the ROBLOX Devforums about it.

1 Like