Are Roblox Dating Sims Allowed? (Singleplayer)

Would it be breaking the rules, or breaking the “spirit” of the rules

Dating other players in roblox is what they are trying to avoid. However dating in general is not wrong. They just don’t allow players to use roblox as a means of dating other players. A Dating simulator with made up characters and innocent relationships that teach education in healthy dating relationships as well as providing a healthy mindset shouldn’t be a problem with what they’re trying to combat.

2 Likes

Both.

source
10 Likes

So the solution to this would be a Friendship sim, a sim that takes you on emotional journeys with NPC’s that you develop friendships with.

7 Likes

It does indeed fit the topic, he’s asking if his game genre is allowed.

2 Likes

That sounds like a loophole which could be against the rules as well, you are still going to try portraying the same message anyway, just don’t risk it. Not worth it.

Friendships would probably be fine, but why would you want to make a dating sim game which is going to only attract very young players? Like do you really see 19-year-olds playing a dating simulator on Roblox? You need to consider demographics.

4 Likes

The demographic is that people have relationships throughout all stages of life. I remember when I was in middle school, I wanted to date but I had no idea how to ever start something like that. People in this world don’t want to be alone, and that’s through all stages of life.

Dating is not a negotiable topic on Roblox due to its history. I don’t really think young players are going to be that interested in developing friendships with NPCs, and like @sjr04 said you really need to consider the spirit of the rules. Underage online dating on Roblox has been a problem for a very long time.

1 Like

So your game’s goal is to teach someone how to date? Or have 2 npc’s dating so the player doesn’t feel “lonely”? what?

Honestly I can somewhat understand what you’re going for. What I personally enjoy is games for example like the new Ghost of Tsushima, where you have different lines of the story where you’re interacting with the characters, in which you’ll quickly be learning their types of personality and why they’re important to the story line.

Games like the walking dead where your actions affect your relations with the characters and could make drastic changes to your gameplay. That seems like a much more suitable game structure to go for.

1 Like

No, it’s a horrible idea. Roblox has strict guidelines on dating and making a game about dating would basically mean you getting strikes.

1 Like

Like yandere dev? I really don’t see the point

Have you never seen a dating sim before?

The goal is to help people feel less lonely, which is something much more important in a crisis like we are in right now with corona virus.

Then what about a game of friendships

But in the time of corona virus, people are feeling lonelier than ever at home. A game focused on building friendships etc would really help people experience emotions that they don’t get to have as much anymore

1 Like

I doubt it will be a good idea, you can do it if you want, no one will stop you.

You think a game that allows players to experience building friendships and strong bonds isn’t a good idea? There are lots of kids out there who can’t make friends/don’t know how or just don’t have any. It would give them the experience to be able to feel what it’s like to make friends in ways they’ve never been able to experience. Especially in situations where if they’re feeling not safe or upset, they can go and enjoy the “experience” of a friendship through the game to help cheer them up.

I have seen them, but not on Roblox since Roblox is not the appropriate place for those. Not sure how this will help with “lonely” players nor how it helps players cope with current real-world issues, they are irrelevant. If the goal is to make players not feel bad they aren’t dating anybody this makes it even worse because “a video game character could but I couldn’t” lol