Are Roblox studio plugins safe to install?

Hey Devolopers ,

So I was taking a look at some Roblox studio plugins and found them useful…But how do we know that they are safe to install and will not cause any problems to my experience?

3 Likes

You can see what others say about the plugin(s) say. For example, see if there are topics here about the plugin or maybe see in Discord or Reddit.

3 Likes

I would suggest only installing ones which lots of people use because normally they will be fine to use.

Just don’t use unknown ones or ones which look like it is bad. Also sometimes there may be places where you can see them.

You could also just an alt account to test them out and if you find they affect your experience (e.g like put a virus in then don’t use them).

3 Likes

Before installing any plugins, check the creator !! Never download a plugin from a random 2 members group or a very suspicious alt account ! As @LifeDigger said, its also a good idea to test them on an alt to make sure they are all right. You should also consider checking out this Toolblox, it only contains assets verified to make sure they have no viruses.

2 Likes

That tool blox thing seems not to work?

2 Likes

it does for me…

1 Like

It’s a small problem that occurs when the application starts up and loads in too fast and results in redirecting your request to nowhere leading to “Cannot GET /” error. I am aware of this and I will try to fix it when I have time and the solution.

2 Likes