Are there any other apps that's similar to Photoshop?

Hello everybody! This is important & I hope any of you guys can help me, so I have just been looking at other GFX & I was getting a idea on how to add cool effects just like in photoshop, for example, for me to make my gfx better I need to add cool effects to gfx from blender, for example one of i5k’s gfx of StarWars & I wanted to learn is there any other way to do this without photo shop cause I can’t pay for it, is there any similar apps to photoshop for me to do this?

1. What do you want to achieve? I wanna become the best roblox developer & become a great gfx designer like i5k & SoftGB

2. What is the issue? Well its not really a issue but I just need to find another app for me that’s similar to photoshop for my gfx to be good.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I have tried YouTube for looking for similar apps as photoshop, but some of them has been confusing me.

Please tell me a app that can help me just like photoshop if you can, cause I wanna improve my gfx. Thank you for reading everybody! Have a great day! :smiley:

2 Likes

Adobe Photoshop is a great software to use. Maybe it’s the pricing that sets people off. For alternatives people say Paint.net, but in my opinion it’s not that versatile.

Try GIMP, it’s a software I used to use before moving to Photoshop. It’s features are almost similar to Photoshop and it’s free.

2 Likes

I use paint.net mostly for gamepasses, and icons. Photoshop is a really good tool for making thumbnails.

I’ve tried a variety of programs that can help depending on what you need it for.

• Paint(dot)net is my main recommendation if you’re looking to just find images and merge them with your graphic. It shares enough layer modes (?) with PS, take Overlay for example, to achieve this. It’s great for creating from scratch with its shape and line tools, and I use it to create outlines for my clothing.
  • PicsArt is a good mobile editing software, although will not be as flexible as programs on the desktop. I use it for its library of preset filters and color grading. So far its interface is very easy for beginners to get used to.
  • I’ve heard about GIMP being a free alternative to Photoshop, but I’ve only used it once to fix lightning on a photo. But as far as I can remember, it matches Photoshop’s features well. I recommend checking it out.

In terms of what you can do, Photoshop is far richer in features and flexibility, already having things such as color lookups and separate layer adjustments (which saved me in several occasions). But here are some of my recommendations. I hope this helped!

https://www.photopea.com/ is apparently a very good online version of photoshop. I personally only used it once, the layout is the same and I bet it has the same functionalities, just not as great.