Are there any other databases apart from Google Spreadsheet (Help)?

Hello developers, I’m Lucas.

I was searching for a dynamic and accessible database to use on my Roblox games:

GOOGLE SPREADSHEETS:

Firstly, I’ve tried to use this one, but I couldn’t understand it. I made it work, It saved data, but I couldn’t get any from there. I need help connecting Roblox to Google Spreadsheets.
I saw some posts where users said Roblox is blocked from Google Spreadsheets because it exceed data upload rate.
I knew this database option by this post, but I couldn’t understand it well. I Need help :pray:t4:.

OTHER DYNAMIC DATABASE OPTION?

If you think Google Spreadsheet is not the best database or there are another databases, please, post here, please.

Thank you for reading. Any kind of help is appreciated :relaxed:.

1 Like

Why don’t you just use Roblox’s DataStoreService? Using the HttpService for databases isn’t really necessary.

1 Like

Firebase and MongoDB exists, they may be helpful

1 Like

@EDmaster24, I was searching for a database where I can edit every value.
If HttpService is useless, then I forget about using Google as database.
Thank you!!

Thank you @railworks2 I’ll search information about them…
Are there any post where I can get more information about them?

1 Like

I suggest just using roblox datastores they are pretty reliable and fast but if you really want to you can use SQL which is a massive database

2 Likes

https://devforum.roblox.com/search?q=Firebase
https://devforum.roblox.com/search?q=MongoDB

Or otherwise, look at their API and do something yourself.

1 Like

Thank you so much @firsttobebear

All right, thank yoy @railworks2 !!

1 Like

If you are prepared to learn and are not in need of a quick solution, I would recomend, learning SQL (MYSQL) or (MS SQL) and some form of website APIs in say (C#, PHP etc). It will take a lot longer to learn, however, these are widely used in the Software Development industry and would be very good skills to know. If need quick i would use Roblox DataStores. :slight_smile: Enjoy learning. There (i think it still is available) a EXPRESS version of SQL that you can run on your local PC and IIS (Internet (web) server) can be installed or even IIS Express

1 Like

It’d actually take more time to learn more languages that can interact with databases, be it JavaScript or PHP, and then a further understanding of SQL and how to properly interact with the database correctly.

Do the Roblox DataStores not allow you to edit every value…?

DataStores can work much in the same way as an external database, minus some reliability which can be fixed with DataStore2 which has very little issues with data loss.

1 Like
2 Likes