Are there any rules against qr codes?

heya! not sure if im in the correct category here but are there any rules against qr codes on roblox?

im thinking of making a clothing store to sell the clothing ive made and giving every item a tag with the price, item name and a qr code.
each qr code will have some info about the item like the link, name, price, and a few fun facts (maybe some easter eggs too).

gonna keep the tags simple and put the qr codes in the section that says qr.

if there are rules against these, please let me know!

I’ll recommend reading (or just glancing over) the Community Rules and looking for rules about your question. There is nothing specific about QR codes, but there is stuff in there which relates to what is in the QR code (which can be used as rules). I copied and pasted the rule on offsite links which is found in section 13.

Offsite website links, services, and additional 3rd party content are not permitted on Roblox with the following exceptions: YouTube, Twitter, Twitch. Users under the age of 13 are not permitted to share YouTube, Twitter, Twitch links for their privacy and safety. Permitted offsite links, content, or references must contain Roblox appropriate content or your account will be moderated up to immediate termination. Using partial links, filter-breaking, using permitted website links to indirectly link to non-permitted sites, content, or services, describing or otherwise encouraging users to go to unpermitted offsite links, content, or services is also not allowed.

Your best bet is to try uploading a QR code and see if it gets moderated.

Assuming this is going in a game, why not display thay information where the QR code would be instead?

would this be a good replacement?

1 Like

Sure, it looks good to me. My concern was that a player wouldn’t want to take out their phones to open a QR code when it could be displayed right there. But if you like QR codes, go right ahead.

qr codes were mainly meant to be an option. you could scan it for bonus info but you could click the model to buy it directly ingame.
just thought it would be a nice bonus lol