Are there better alternatives to StreamingEnabled?

I have a large scale open world game, and sometimes certain areas can be laggy for players due to the amount of stuff loaded in. Everything is built by players in a persistent system, so it’s not like I directly have the option to go in and reduce part counts.

I have used StreamingEnabled before, but it wasn’t a perfect solution and still caused issues for some people, especially if they had crossed the map and loaded in a lot of the map.

I had a scripting head in my game’s server keep suggesting that I use a chunk loader or something, and that StreamingEnabled isn’t actually as good for performance as some other alternatives.

Is it true that there are better alternatives to SE? If so, how would one go about using or creating it? Or should I simply stick with SE?

The only thing I can think of is checking every heartbeat or something to check the Player’s distance to various models or parts, and if they are a certain distance away, put them in ReplicatedStorage. Problem is, I already have a lot of stuff in RS and I have read posts that RS isn’t actually optimized for ROBLOX, so could that pose an issue?

1 Like

whatre your SE settings?

30 chairs

Suphi Kaner has made a plugin that allows you to have infinite map sizes.
It cuts the terrain and models into chunks.

Or, what you can do is use the ReplicaService module by madworks.
Based on the player’s position, the server sends data to the Player and the player will render that data.