Are these good prices for my dev products?

So, I’ve just recently made a currency for my up coming game. And my game is using the XP currency. And I added an option to buy XP for a curtain amount of robux. But, I lowered the price for the XP because of unemployment rates happening in real life. And I want to know if these prices are good enough for the game. Take a look:

If I Buy The 500XP Twice I Would Get More Than 700XP For A Lower Price Same Thing For The 700XP And The 1000XP
What I Am Trying To Say Is You Could Get 1000XP For 40 Robux Instead Of 100 And You Could Get 1400XP For Only 100 Robux If You Buy The 700XP Twice.

4 Likes

Usually with prices I’ve seen, bulk is cheaper than individual. As @BaggyChris pointed out, you could get more than 1,000 XP for less than 100R$. Also how much does let’s say 100 XP get you?

2 Likes

The prices seem too low.

Even with the unemployment rates rising. The price just seems far too low. 100 Robux is equal to 35 cents! 35 cents is still a very low amount. Also, I don’t think you’re allowed to mention COVID-19 in your game.

I like it but it really depends on how much that is worth in your game. If 50xp does nothing then maybe remove it but if it does lots then make it more. It really depends on the " xp economy" of your game and what it can do for you.

1 Like

mhm I agree with you @crystalkammy.

So I’ve taken all of your opinions into consideration and my final decision is to add more XP buying options and to maybe remove a few and raise the price a bit. You can always give me feedback on this decision because I love hearing feedback from people.

It’s very hard to give you an opinion without knowning the value of the XP. How much XP levels you up? You don’t want it to make it too cheap, but don’t want to make it too expensive. You should make it so like the last choice gives you 30% more XP, so like you pay 5 robux for 10, you would pay 100 for 260, instead of 200. It makes more people want to buy the more expensive developer products.

2 Likes

The amount the price changes from one dev product to another is a little weird. As other people have pointed out you can get 1000 xp for just 40 robux by buying 500 xp twice, making the last two dev products obsolete. Plus, buying the 20 robux developer product gives you a 100%+ discount over the 5 robux developer product. Since the robux price difference isn’t that much I would lower the discount.

I don’t know how much exp is worth in your game so I won’t be able to accurately say what prices I think are appropriate, but I’ll base it off your current prices.

• 50xp - 15 robux
  • 100xp - 25 robux
  • 500xp - 75 robux
  • 700xp - 90 robux
  • 1000xp - 115 robux

In my game, XP doesn’t level you up, it’s just a currency like us dollars.

So, I’ve decided to completely revamp the whole thing and I have ended up with this:

As others already pointed out, if you buy +100 XP ten times you would get more than buying +400 one time, and the same for most of the other prices, even after the new price changes.

I don’t know how much XP gets you in the game but cheaper sells better. The first prices are probably good.