Are These Models Stolen?

You wording is incredibly dangerous to newer developers who come across this thread. If there are NO SCRIPTS inside the model than it is not a virus nor can it cause any damage to your game, scripts can’t create themselves out of a part, that’d be a critical security concern if it were possible.

While it’s true that bot-generated models do typically contain viruses, and it is important to check for virus scripts each time you insert the model, there is no benefit to unfounded paranoia to the point where you cease using external resources ENTIRELY.

@VegetationBush is correct (albeit harsh), that you are spreading some misinformation. Models can’t auto-update in a game without scripts, so the idea of “being aware of the creator” rather then the model is also unfounded.

As OP stated though, this is getting off-topic.

7 Likes

Understood… I didn’t know it had to get that serious. I’m just telling him to be careful for bot-generated models, I didn’t know I had to be scared or told off for it before posting it.

this is an old message but yeah, i’m friends with joonas and he’s the guy who made all those rips of cars from the game “my summer car”

1 Like