Are trade bots ageist the terms of serves?

Hey Devs,

I want to know are trade bots ageist the terms of serves? The resone why I’m asking is becouase I want to make one for my self to use to help me trade better on my alt account PurpIeShrek. Also are bots like olympian safe to?

Thanks!

5 Likes

but shedletsky uses them! so are they? I saw him say that on twitter.

The difference is that shedletsky is a roblox administrator, and is way high up in the ranks, meaning he can do whatever he wants.

The rule could potentially be interpreted to refer to trades that don’t involve Roblox’s trade system, like trading accounts and such.
I’m looking at the TOS myself and haven’t yet found anything that mentions 3rd party bots.

I think is ok as long as you don’t use it to scam people

so that means there ok as long as it’s on roblox.com

I don’t know if I could point to a specific rule that confirms that it is illegal, but I have known multiple users that have gotten banned in the past for trade botting.

You can get banned if a roblox admin finds irregularity in your trading patterns. It is not likely for you to get banned for this, but sometimes administrators do ban users on extreme occasions for this despite there not being rules against it.

Here is this topic addressed by the creator of Olympian himself:
Screenshot_2020-08-18-21-16-38

It’s just not worth the risk in my opinion. It is always more satisfying and rewarding to trade yourself anyway.

1 Like

oh thats because they got poisend items from the bot

1 Like

oh its still unfair that they let shedletsky get away with breaking the tos

1 Like

Trade bots are not against the terms of service, they aren’t going to let anyone slide on the rules especially one that would be held at such a high esteem as a third party service handling trades.

Even if it were against the TOS, it is virtually untraceable so there would be no way to enforce these rules on a consistent basis. I do agree with @ExcessEnergy that there is no point in trading unless you are doing it yourself, kicks the entire concept out of the window when you think about it.

3 Likes

This is stupid. Just because he’s a high rank doesn’t mean he can break the TOS or do whatever he wants whenever he wants. That would make the system/rules corrupt and the staff members corrupt therefore leading to a rebllion of most of if not all roblox members (not including mobile) to strike back and cause an all out breakout of TOS violations. Long story short, if staff can break rules, roblox users will think they can aswell.

3 Likes

The users can think whatever they want. This is ROBLOX’s platform, and can implement any system that THEY feel is beneficial to the game. Administrators can also go around any rule that they feel the need to as to ensure a working and efficient system.

If an administrator has bots to ensure a functional moderation system, but implements a ToS that bans botting, they can.

Do not use administrator’s actions to justify one’s own action.

I’ve used Olympian before and I find it to be generally reputable.

There are other services such as Clanlabs who utilize bots to have services for larger groups, and I myself build bots for groups as well.

I see no reason in why it would be against the terms of service so long as you’re using it properly and not abusing/scamming it. As someone once said, things are tools. Including specific things like SynapseX (a popular tool exploiters use). Realistically you should be fine, but like anything else it’d be smart to take precautions and do it on an alt. Roblox can be unpredictable at times.

1 Like

Hmm, you might want to re-word your reply as you look stupid. I’m not trying to start and argument but I do suggest that you re-read what he said then my reply, he said that just because he’s an Admin means he can break any rule he wants, he didn’t state anything about them testing bugs or not.

1 Like

One should understand the base premise. Them being an admin is all the justification that one needs. Though how they stated it may not sit well with you that basically means “since he’s an admin he can do whatever he wants”, it is true.

Please do not give round about arguments that “well then thats corrupt and people will rise up”.

This is their platform. Their rules. And they are at liberty to circumnavigate it when they see necessary for the good of the game.

So basically, the administrators of ROBLOX can do whatever they want within federal law.

If you disagree with me, that is fine, but the person you responded to originally had a valid point, even if you hate how blunt it was.

1 Like