Are you allowed to announce you quitting DevForum?

I was just wondering if I was allowed to announce on the DevForum if I were ever quitting and with reasoning?

Is that allowed?

2 Likes

I don’t really see why you would need to do that. Just inform your friends. Topics like these are typically considered spam since there is no category suitable.

11 Likes

What about the Community tab?

I don’t really check the posts there too much, but isn’t it mainly about introducing new staffs and keeping an update on the, ya know, community? Doesn’t it mean that while you can introduce others, people can annouce they are quitting the DevForum with a specific reason?

The community tab is mostly things that happened with the Developer community such as new staff members, community announcements for developers as it’s something important or maybe recaps of what was going on and new features for us developers.

^ Also, Community is only for staff members to post on and not a place for introduction users, quitting or that stuff, that would be in this topic.

4 Likes

Probably yes, nobody cares though.

1 Like

I don’t think there would be a need to announce it to everyone on the dev forum besides to your friends.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/i-hereby-declare/602377

This would most likely be the only acceptable topic to announce it in, potentially lounge off topic but this could create spam if the trend caught on.

I don’t think if you can delete your account on DevForum. But who would care actually if anyone is leaving?

1 Like

No, because no one cares, this is a development forum.

EDIT: Maybe unless you’re someone important to Roblox like a staff member.

4 Likes

I’m not a Regular so I can’t tell you about the Lounge and its rules, but if posted the right way, I’d say you can.

If you simply make a post about leaving, then probably not. But, if you post in this category, along with a reason why then probably.

More specifically, if there’s a major issue with the Forum and you choose to leave because of this, if you go in-depth on this issue and ways to combat it, I’d see no reason why not. Just make sure that the post focuses on the actual issue, rather than you leaving. Your decision to leave should only encompass a sentence or two of the post.

Edit: If you are leaving with no actual reasoning, then as others have stated, there’d be no reason to make this type of post.

No it is the truth. Nobody would really mind. It isn’t a matter of tone. This isn’t voice chat.

Announcing your departure on the old Roblox forums has been a thing but the Developer Forum is no place for that. It is for discussing development.

2 Likes

No thats not what he’s trying to say. He’s simply saying that you leaving is your businesses, you deal with it, but don’t consider us having to care about it. Edit: Please don’t take it offensive

2 Likes

Okay, I’m gonna flag my post now to close the topic.

Requested close by author.