Introduction thread for new forum members

Have you just joined the Developer Forum? Make sure to introduce yourself to the development community here!

Important topics to read!

Format to follow for this topic

1. How did you find Roblox?
  2. How did you get started with development on the Roblox platform?
  3. Current goals/achievements on the platform
  4. What is your role in the developer community? (eg. GFX, UI Designer, Programmer, Builder etc)
  5. Anything else you would like to include
1449 Likes

I’m new here and just wanted to say I have been trying to get in for a long time lol. It is great to finally be in the Forum.

I am TheShipArchitect, as the name implies I don’t work on ships… wait that doesn’t sound right. Okay I used to work on ships (mostly ones of my own design) but I have worked on Titanic before lol. I am also working on SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - ROBLOX Edition (Needs a shorter name I know.) I hope to know or even work with some of you in the future! Also for those interested I am relatively active on Twitter if you want to see some of my work.

223 Likes
296 Likes

I’m also new here, it’s an honor to be accepted into the forum.

Mostly good with building but pretty good with scripting. Looking forward to helping others with projects if that help is needed or anything else for that matter.

edit 1 years later: lmao i suck at building and im a good programmer now haha how the tides have turned

edit 2 years later: i’ve ascended into post approval :wave:

edit 3 years later: i work at Roblox as an Accelerator :slight_smile:

edit 4 years later: i am a full time roblox developer :smiley:

edit 6 years later: i’ve been making games full time :smile:

206 Likes

Welcome new baguettes!

102 Likes

Hello! Just wanting to say hi and a small introduction as I am now a new addition to the developer forums.

I’m DurstAuric. I have been a member of ROBLOX for just over eight years now and I am currently seventeen years old – that means I was just nine when I joined ROBLOX. My passion for development sparked late 2014 - early 2015, where I had begun to learn how to “script” in the language of Lua. Of course, I had also been building before that. In Layman’s terms, I am a scripter, builder and somewhat of a graphics artist. I also draw and write.

I do hope that I’ll be a worth-while addition to the site. Thank you!

142 Likes

Hi, i’m Naco88, Developer since 2014, Roblox player since 2009, Cloud person since birth. :cloud:

It’s awesome that my work has been recognized and I’ve been invited here :slightly_smiling_face:
I am currently working on a heavily updated version of my game “IttyBittyCity” set to release in July.

78 Likes

Hello! Before I introduce myself, I’d like to say thank you very for accepting me into the Developer Forum.

My name is bndan, or as others will know me, Belhavon. Building has always been a passion of mine on ROBLOX, and I have built things from maps, armor, vehicles, weapons, and more. I started building around 2013, when my cousin made a group titled “Angevin Empire,” which was a science-fiction empire set in a distant galaxy. I am currently contributing my ability to the development of Tatooine: Role Play, which is being headed by Glurbman, and many groups, such as Death Watch and the Clone Army of the Republic. I dabble a bit in graphic design, making logos and thumbnails for both personal use and the use of others.

A personal thank you to my friend Veldaren, who nominated me, and my other friends VR_Service and Glurbman who supported it.

I hope to be a great addition to this forum. Thanks again!

53 Likes

Hello, I’m SupahLuke and I’ve been scripting on Roblox since 2013.

I am honored to be invited to this forum as I’ve been trying to get in for a while now. I used to be working on an RPG game but lately I’ve been working on a tower defense game.

I am looking forward to be a part of this community, thank you for inviting me.

45 Likes

hey i was accepted like last month can i still make an intro post since i havent made one

40 Likes

Hi! I am jbn011, and I am excited to be part of the ROBLOX Developers Forum. I have been building and scripting on ROBLOX for the past few years making different types of games such as cruise ships, airports, and city games. My most popular game Life at the Bloxville Correctional Center V5 has encouraged me to continue to pursue development and provide for the ROBLOX community.

Thanks so much for allowing me to have the honor to be part of the developers forum!

47 Likes

u replied to my post lmaooooo

click that to reply to the thread itself

and click this to reply to someone within that thread
e5ef954bdd35a370553a0a192166d511fec7fda2.png

46 Likes

Welcome everyone! We’re super hyped to have you join our community. :smile:

If you need anything at any time, feel free to reach out to a member of the “Developer Relations Team”!

42 Likes

It is really a honor for me to be here with other developers, really thankful that I got accepted :smile:

I’m raquiles and I am a Venezuelan who likes to build and make showcases that hopefully on the future it will be done and noticed. I have been around on ROBLOX for a pretty long time, since ROBLOX have been my game I would honestly like to leave a mark of me if I ever leave, really exited to meet and be with you all! :hugs:

And most important thanks for the ROBLOX members who were in responsibility to accept us! Thank you! Have a nice day!

41 Likes

Hi! I’m Rdite. I’m also a bit of a narcissist, I don’t bite.

Real honour being invited to the forums, I’m passionate about my building, I hope to further my skills with the knowledge of the community.

– Eternal slave to Novaly Studios.

57 Likes

Hello, I’m Pressure (because I made my name way too long to be pronounced easily in a short amount of time) and I script and animate things.
The devforums look like an exciting place to see what’s going in the dev community and I can’t wait until I actually understand how the foums work!
Thank you to all the moderators who keep these running!

31 Likes
35 Likes

Congrats to everybody!! A lot of people who got in are my friends so Im really happy for them!!

30 Likes

im a month old here so im gonna make an intro post anyway

hi im ashtheking300 better known as ashcraft1337 on twitter

im known to make modern houses most of the time and i can also make vehicles and trees and stuff in blender, something that ive been struggling with for years. ive inspired lots of people, atleast i think i have, with my showcases that ive been doing for almost 4 years now, but recently ive stopped making showcase and am now making my own game named TERIO.
not only that but i can make deep fried memes using the photoshop sharpen tool to make them extra spicy but that has nothing to do with development i just thought i’d add that in there

thats all

24 Likes

I found myself smiling while reading all your intro posts! Welcome to everyone that just joined!

27 Likes