Are you allowed to upload phonetic sounds to Roblox?

I wanted to see if uploading myself or others saying phonemes (ph, a, o, th, s, etc.) and connecting them together to make (Somewhat of) a “TTS” module for text dialogue for my game would be against Roblox TOS.

I have been thinking about solutions to making my NPC dialogue stand out, and wanted to try out a system inspired by Animal Crossing’s “Animalese” or almost like a blarble system. The words for the text will be almost unrecognizable but still have somewhat of a familiar sound corresponding to the string. These sound files could still be stringed together to make words like a basic TTS but I am not using them in this way.

https://acedio.github.io/animalese.js/
(Example off the web that It would somewhat sound like by stringing together the phonemes)

My main concern is possibly getting warned (or worse a ban) for uploading the audio if it breaks Roblox TOS (It is around 30 audio WAV. files). Let me know what you think and thanks for helping!

1 Like

Are you concerned about Roblox getting riled up about people using it to bypass the chat filter? If so, you could just put it through some kind of filter of your own.

1 Like

Also I just checked out the animalese TTV and it seems to mix it up enough to the point where people wouldnt be able to abuse it.

in this case, all good :+1:
just make sure you dont distribute the sounds publicly, thanks to the new private audio thing i imagine they’ll be less restrictive as long as you do this

1 Like

Ok! I just uploaded the sounds and they all seem to have passed the moderation so it looks good to go. I just got done with the scripting for the blarble and it sounds good so far. Thanks for the help!

1 Like