Are YouTube playlists not allowed now?

I have a QR code that is supposed to redirect users to a YouTube playlist, for an easter-egg, but I got a warning for it. Why? YouTube is allowed as an offsite link. Do I need to change the link to a YouTube video ONLY?

1 Like

Well did you check with policy service if they’re allowed to view the link?

I didn’t, because I got warned for the decal 3 minutes before I uploaded it.

It could also be that Roblox doesn’t allow any QR codes in images so that moderators don’t need to manually scan every code.

Oh, if that’s the case then QR codes probably can’t be uploaded at all. It must have a blanket ban on it

1 Like

I doubt it.

what’s that?

I’ll also try with a video, to see if it works.

1 Like

QR codes of any kind to any link are not allowed.

1 Like

Again…

I don’t know what’s happening at all.

Even if there are QR codes in the toolbox, that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re allowed. Moderation isn’t perfect and some of those images may have slipped by.

I have uploaded a QR Code decal and the redirect link goes to Shedletsky’s Welcome To Roblox video. It didn’t got banned that fast so I assume it has 50% chances to go.

1 Like

Aaaaand it got banned. I don’t know if this would work but, I will try a matrix code too!

After a few minutes
Nope. Banned too. I will have a problem making my game :sob:

1 Like

Most of the moderators are probably just not allowing QR codes as images, but you can try putting the black blocks by yourself (because moderators don’t moderate models).

Probably because those are either a: older than the ban, b: moderation bypassed, or c: nonfunctional QRs.

1 Like

They don’t?! Holy crap dude, I think you just saved my game!

1 Like

i i think qr codes are not allowed to be uploaded as decals

you might get another warning/ban if moderators check out your game because you are bypassing the system

1 Like

you can use a surface GUI to put the link of it. There’s this game which does that for rick roll video

1 Like

I do not really want a ban for that, because, y’know. Oooooooooof

1 Like

I once got a warning for uploading something that goes to the roblox home page. As far as I am aware, no QR codes are allowed on the website.

I don’t recommend you try and bypass this. If QR codes were allowed, then someone could put inappropriate websites indirectly into their game. I don’t really think your game will need to depend on QR codes. Maybe instead of having to go watch a video, a cutscene plays or put in a YouTube video id.

There are plenty of models that seem to bypass this rule, but you may never know if one day the moderation team realizes their mistake and decides to remove the model and give out a warning/ban.

1 Like