Argon - Full featured tool for Roblox development

• Did you re-generate project?
  • Did you update both Roblox plugin and VSC extension?

I think that properties are not synced in only code mode but I’m not sure. If they are not I will change that in the next update.

• Made a new project just a few hours ago
  • Yes, both are up-to-date

It’s just a pain if you need to add a .properties.json file to everything and then it means that you don’t get lsp autocomplete for the specific class, so the update just made it a pain to do one of the things that was actually useful-

But oh well…

Wdym? I think you don’t now how LSP plugin works. Roblox LSP gets instance data from Studio not from local project. Roblox LSP does not understand what .SomeClassName mean. In fact this change was needed to make scripts inside non script instances readable.

Well… it was working yesterday, not sure then…

This update was released 3 days ago so…

Make sure you have Roblox LSP plugin connected to VSC extension. If it won’t fix your problem I can help you once I get home so I can access my pc.

Seems to mostly work now, just need to make sure it doesn’t replicate the objects into VSCode or it will think it’s a folder-

Suggestion: Instead of setting the title of the widget to Argon - Place file name, do it so that the name in the default.project.json file is chosen?

I found a problem when i try to activate Argon:

Yep, it’s know bug, I will fix that tomorrow in 0.6.2 update. I think this bug only occurs in local places.

EDIT: It only happens in places with team create enabled:

thanks mate! But argon works on File-Places?

Yes of course! This bug does not affect Argon’s functionality at all bc I added game close detection to inform server (VSC extension) to remove title from quick pick menu.

2 Likes

Argon 0.6.2

Changes:

• Added support for name used in default.project.json (only if ~= “Argon”), suggested by @AridTheDev
  • Fixed bug reported by @AridTheDev that crashed VSC extension when trying to port empty folders
  • Fixed bug reported by @ecndm70 was causing errors with BindToClose event
  • Fixed JSON schema not working in default.project.json

Custom titles demo:

hey @Dervex it would be cool if you can add a “status mode” on the plugin icon, like Rojo does.

Do you mean this in bottom right corner one? If so I was thinking about this for a while so yeah I will definitely add this now.

1 Like

Argon 0.6.3

Changes:

• Added execute snippet command (quick pick menu and F6)
  • Added status bar icon, suggested by @ecndm70
  • Argon now uses HTML file as a local website
  • Fixed some networking issues

SNIPPET EXECUTOR! - this one is sick

Status bar icon:

1 Like

Yo mate I have an another idea, you can add a mini icon, on the bottom right, that shows easily if Argon is connected or not (I mean in Roblox studio, in the plugins holder), like Rojo. Anyway the “Execute snippet” is so cool man! Keep up the good work!

Oh so you meant Roblox Studio in the first post? Anyways I will add this either in the next update!

Nop, this is an another idea.

Hey @Dervex i think i found a bug. When i port to VS code, Argon can’t import “Script”, “LocalScript” and “ModuleScript” that are in the workspace / Lighting. Is that normal or what?

Can’t reproduce this bug, make sure you have enabled syncing for Workspace and Lighting in Settings → Synced Directories. If it won’t help please give me more information (all of you settings any screenshot of you explorer).

1 Like