Argon - Full featured tool for Roblox development

That’s not how you design a CLI. You’re supposed to let the user interact with the CLI host as a terminal even if the user does not run the executable with any params, allowing them to run any commands related to your application from inside the shell. (hence the name CLI to begin with)

Also, the installation was unsuccessful as I checked PATH and the “argon” registry was not added.

Nonetheless, my initial VSC extension issue was resolved upon opening the application today, despite not having any older versions of Argon on my VSC extension folder.

No that’s not true. What you are describing is called REPL. 90% of the CLI programs out there work like Argon. Take as an example Cargo or Homebrew. The only popular project that I know about that uses REPL is Node.

That’s weird then. But again, I’m pretty much sure it is something wrong with the VS Code.

Instead of syncing all the instances in 1 request try to detect if the payload becomes too large and batch the data instead

Huh? I already fixed this issue in version 2.0.1 and it was actually actix-msgpack’s fault. I increased the max payload size here.

im not sure whats wrong but im still getting the same issue. im trying to sync with client and i get payload too large thing and i cant really sync without having to do server which i dont want to

Edit: i did update argon on both roblox and vs code

I got HTTP error: Bad Request after updating to v2.0.1 The Payload Too Large is gone but this one appeared

The CLI may not be updated because checking for updates is limited to once per hour. Restart Visual Studio Code and open the Argon menu. Then check your currently installed version here:

What are you trying to do when you get this error?

yeah i have it 2.0.1

also out of a sudden the thing started working, not sure what happened but ye it works now

I’m just trying to connect the Argon.

That’s good! I will improve auto-updates for VS Code users in the next update though.

1 Like

What version of the server are you running?

It’s v2.0.1 same as the roblox studio plugin

One more weird thing, whenever I run the studio, this error shown up too, although I didn’t connect anything

Okay that’s weird. Make sure that Argon has all the required privileges, you allowed the HTTP requests and that you are using the correct host and port. If the above steps don’t help, I’ll come back to this after I get some sleep.

1 Like

Started getting this when trying to connect. Before this, the ui just disappeared, and reloading the plugin didn’t do anything to fix it

1 Like

Argon: Stop worked properly, but for some reason it showed this?

From what I understand, the “client” option fixed in 2.0.1 should just be same as the “server” option in initial sync, asking you if you want to sync changes, currently it seems to… just not bother syncing anything? And also argon errors if you delete a script on the server while connected

(please ignore me accidentally dragging the argon window)

I can’t lie, I am pretty disappointed with how Argon, once a lightweight and user-friendly sync plugin: ended up being the same or at least have many similarities to Rojo. The main reason why I used Argon 1 was because it allowed my developers and I to work on existing projects without the frustration of setting up the project json file and structure.

I don’t know what convinced you to disregard free workflow and forced all users to a Client-Shared-Server structure, but version 2+ has defeated the most important feature for those who enjoyed quickly syncing an existing project into their code editor.

Nevertheless, my friends and I are sticking to version 1.3.1 or earlier, because we have no other plugin that can sync without a frustrating setup. I’m hoping that someone in the community could make a plugin that replaces the legacy Argon.

And I would be so grateful if someone were to correct me on the forced setup. If there is such a setting that allows us to work free from a restrictive structure, that would be amazing. Otherwise, I can’t say that I will be sharing this version with anyone anytime soon.