Argon - Full featured tool for Roblox development

i have downloaded the plugin and it seems that the error is still there. not sure what im doing wrong

Already fixed this problem. Wait for the 2.0.2 version.

Just updated the plugin, got this issue:

I did try publishing the place and all that extra stuff with no luck.

Have you updated the server? What version are you using?

I’ve updated both the VSC extension and the Studio plugin to the latest version. And regardless of what I set the settings to, the issue just continues to occur.

Okay, but can you tell me which version it is?

It doesn’t say the version for the VSC extension, but I guess I got the version published at 2024-05-03, 22:27:51. And the Studio plugin’s version is v2.0.1.

I don’t really like this update and I was exiting about it.
It makes things more complicated. Now porting my existing games it would port everything from Roblox Studio and my space in Visual code gets a bunch of folders and data things .json. Where is the option to port only scripts and why after creating a new project it create many folders, before it only used to create the folders where there was already a script in it.

1 Like

It says right here.

Well, it brings ton of important new features.

See the syncback settings.

That’s only the case for the quick template. Argon now watches for file changes at the OS layer instead of VS Code. Thanks to this change users that prefer to use CLI or other editors can now use Argon as well. The drawback of this approach is that in order to watch for a specific directory, it must exist in the file system.

1 Like

hello when i am running command : Argon:OpenMenu it give me error at vsc here in image

when i am trying to make new project and link it with studio i cant open menu command

BadHTTPTraceStudio.txt (182.5 KB) From 2nd place
VSCode.txt (442 Bytes) From 1st non-sync place
Studio.txt (145.6 KB) From 1st non-sync place
VSCode Serve Bad HTTP request place.txt (114.1 KB) Upon serve with 2nd place folder

All of these traces with modded plugin
2nd place that nets Bad HTTP request didn’t show anything more even with the new one, and still gives me bad http request

Okay, I’ve located the problem, but you haven’t expanded the printed table that I need to read. Look:

If you don’t want to do that yourself, use this modded version: Argon.rbxm (306.3 KB)

This problem has been solved here.

Delete old versions of Argon from the %userprofile%/.vscode/extensions directory or restart your PC as this is a VS Code glitch.

1 Like

dervex any clues on the “Connect” button Promise error? mentioned by @Smileeiles
i dont have this problem myself but my friend has this problem

That’s weird, it tells me its a pre-release even though I got it from the extensions tab?

That’s because VSCode extension is just a CLI wrapper and this is the actual part that Roblox plugin conntects to. You probably installed it when there was no auto-update feature implemented. Just remove the old Argon executable from the %userprofile%/.argon/bin directory, restart VS Code, and run Argon again.

@Heiguy23 this should solve your problem as well if you have the same error message.

2 Likes

Just as I suspected, I was gonna check for the Argon CLI installation folder.

1 Like

The table does not paste well, for some reason some parts simply make everything copied blank after words- lot of “text” also looks… off

Is there a better way to somehow output everything to a text file or am I missing something
weird paste.txt (146.0 KB)

Expanded the table with the 1st modded one (from the posts before this one I’m replying to, opened a few things and maybe its an issue with the 2nd modded one
non modded argon expanded paste.txt (225.1 KB)

It is actually weird that you can’t copy the first output, I have no problems with copying these characters. But the second one looks fine and it seems that it connected to the server. Did you have Client initial sync priority enabled?