Argon - Full featured tool for Roblox development

Sorry I think I’ve sent the wrong one, you need the output from the place that gives me Bad HTTP when connecting, I sent the one that doesn’t sync (what should I do to fix the sync problem anyway)
firstmoddedargonbadhttpplaceoutput.txt (198.1 KB)
Client sync was enabled always, every single time I’ve “used” Argon 2

Unfortunately, these logs still do not help in solving the problem. Is there any chance we could reach out privately on DMs or Discord so you could send me the problematic places for testing purposes?

Also on the https://argon.wiki page, the searching doesn’t work.

Oh I forgot to enable page indexing. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

Another small doc error. It should be lua(u) not lua(a)

argon.debug error

It doesn’t run in the studio but says that it completed the task. The same issue is with the CLI version. Nothing with the verbose either.

A fix to this problem:

If you have an aftman.toml file in your project make sure to update that to argon’s latest version since the VSCode extension uses the CLI to execute the code.

Why does the vscode extension revert back to 1.3.1 everytime i install it?

Cant even choose the newest verson:

Yes I restarted VSCode and restarted my computer.

I honestly don’t know. Everything looks totally fine on my end:

and I 100% sure that the extension is deployed correctly:

You may want to search the internet for this issue as I don’t think it is related to Argon.

Thanks! In the future, if you find any typos, you can correct them yourself if you wish. Just click this:

at the very bottom of the page. It will redirect you to the .mdx file on GitHub.

This appears to be an OS error.

You need to open the extension output to see verbose logs.

Another problem:

When you have a project file being served and it has a sourcemap file as well, when you execute code it returns this error.

However, when you remove the sourcemap (which does not have the address), it works just fine.

Ah, my bad. I didn’t realize

Nothing in the output for some reason :confused:

The exec command uses the latest session. I will make it find the first one with the address.

Also why don’t you use serve with the sourcemap option? It’s way more efficient as you have to run only one Argon instance.

There must be something. Argon logs a few lines after startup.

I just turned on my Windows machine and I can reproduce this. Will fix it today!

1 Like

One of my weirder named accessories “Meshes/SWATPAGSTAccessory” (name was like this upon insert) leads to
Argon creating a folder called “Meshes” and inside there is “SWATPAGSTAccessory”, which has rest of the data, which is quite inconvienient

Additionally with two way sync, moving the camera too much sends ridiculous amounts of “WARN: Failed to write changes to the server: Unknown HTTP error: Number of requests exceeded limit”, I assume you can fix this by blocking the camera from syncing, so not sure if this even is an issue- thought shouldn’t there be some sort of warning about this specifically so users wouldn’t get confused
As a side effect no syncing from the client will work and upon saving a file on server Argon immediately disconnects, and is unable to reconnect for about a minute

That’s because / character is a path separator. I’m will block all forbidden characters and names so that Argon will error instead of creating corrupted instances.

Totally didn’t think of that. I am going to blacklist camera’s position from syncing.

1 Like

Another small suggestion; I won’t create another issue so I’ll just link an issue I created on rojo’s repo.

I actually had this feature implemented like 3 months ago but I removed it. That’s because it’s extremely confusing. Look at this example:

Let’s say we run this command: argon init test

Now what should we do?

• Create test.project.json in the current directory
  • Create or use existing directory named test and create default.project.json here

As you can see there is no way to reliably tell what user wants to do. Additionally the second case is more common.

I had idea to distinguish these two scenarios by adding / at the end of the path (if you want to create a new directory) but that required using Strings instead of PathBuffers for the CLI option parsing which was very inconvenient.

I might actually add this in the future, but in an optional form so that users could enable it in the global configuration.

I tried porting a project, set everything to prioritize client, and after initializing the proj and starting the server, replicatedfirst was the only thing that was ported from studio to vsc, everything else is empty

I need more details. What does your project look like? What version are you using?

this is what the vsc project looks like, 2.02 on vsc

studio is somewhat like this

studio argon is running on 2.0.3 and vsc is on 2.0.2 (no 2.0.3 option)

Everything seems fine. Could you send me verbose logs from both Roblox Studio and VS Code?

In VS Code first enable Verbose mode in the plugin settings and then open the extension output. In Roblox Studio set log level to Trace.