Argon - Full featured tool for Roblox development

I read through this thread, I could not find solution for my issue.

Problem : When try to connect argon with client priority, cannot connect with this[Unknwn HTTP error: Bad Request]
Plugin Version is 2.0.9, CLI version is 2.0.12.

When skipping initial or priotize server work correctlly.
Do you know what cause this or is it already solved?

1 Like

That’s because for every file Argon processes it has to iterate over the list of all SyncRules to resolve what type of file it is. Since Rojo supports init files only for csv (excluding lua, luau and meta) files I decided to only include Argon’s .src files for “special” file types such as csv, toml or json.

You can see all sync rules here.

By the way, once Roblox releases their code sync feature Argon will only support their naming scheme by default. Though it’s probably going to be init anyway.

1 Like

It’s probably a MessagePack format serialization problem. We had a similar issue some time ago and it was successfully resolved by locating which instance’s properties caused the problem.

So could you locate which one is it? Simply duplicate the place and remove instances you want to sync back to the file system until it no longer errors (I would start by excluding whole services). Or if you are fine with that you can just send me the place privately and I will quickly fine a problematic instance.

1 Like

Thank you so much for really quick reply!
I found Part named “Character” is blocking from connecting.
I couldn’t thank you more!! Thank you for all your contribution!

2 Likes

Could you send me that character as a rbxm model? It would really help me to fix this issue for everyone.

1 Like

Sure thing!
But it is really just a primitive part, in ServerStorage.
just_a_part.rbxm (2.8 KB)

1 Like

Thanks, that was enough!

Located the problem and it’s caused by the CustomPhysicalProperties property. I’ll fix it in a few hours and release an update later.

2 Likes

Hey, ive been watching this tool for some time now. Is Argon 2 now out?

Another question: What is the difference between this than rojo, is argon better than rojo, or is it just an alternative. What features does argon have that rojo doesnt? Im curious to see if I should try out argon for my next project.

1 Like

It has been out for quite some time now. Here’s the link to the docs.

In some parts, argon is better than rojo while in some parts rojo is better.

1. You can define syncback and syncing rules using Argon while rojo doesn’t support that yet.
  2. You can sync meshes (including texture) using Argon but rojo doesn’t support that.
  3. You can open studio automatically using argon.
  4. Docs is better than rojo docs.

But there are some parts where rojo does a bit better like

1. Having the upload command which can upload the project to the game to be updated.
  2. Supports .rbxl and .rbxlx files.

Overall (for me), Argon is much better of an option than rojo. It ultimately depends which one you use.

3 Likes

im getting this error when trying to generate a sourcemap

this is my project json

1 Like

I need more details as I can’t reproduce this error with any of my test projects. .zip of the whole LuminFramework directory would be ideal.

1 Like

Will Argon support the replication of ObjectValue.Value? Or it’s not possible? :face_with_monocle:

Yeah, I plan to add support for Ref values as soon as possible.

1 Like

Getting this error when trying to serve via the argon extension in the latest version:

Could you verify that the *.project.json you are trying to serve is proper JSON? Also, when exactly does this error occur?

It works fine when using argon serve
It happens as soon as you press “Serve”

This error is caused by JSON.parse so there must be something wrong with one of the projects in the root directory. I just released version 2.0.10 with a small fix that improves handling corrupted projects so check which one is problematic.

oh its because i had an empty project json… still probably shouldn’t flat out fail unless you choose an invalid one anyway

Yeah, in version 2.0.10 it just displays an error message in the bottom right corner.

I have successfully installed all kinds of Nevermore libraries under the node_modules directory and added this as an additional path under ServerScriptService. But, when I try to serve the project, it fails because the project.json files in these libraries use Rojo formatting.

I have tried ignoring these type of files by adding the following to my project’s default.project.json: "ignoreGlobs": ["node_modules/**/*.json"]. However, the same error still persisted. If I write "ignoreGlobs": ["node_modules/**"] instead, I can successfully serve the project, but then the libraries do not sync to the Roblox client. How should I handle such libraries with Argon?

Thank you in advance!