Argon - Full featured tool for Roblox development

Argon is almost 100% Rojo-compatible. Could you copy and paste the exact error message here?

I get the following error message:

Argon: Failed to run command: ERROR: Command execution failed: Failed to read Project at game\default.project.json: Failed to read Project at game\node_modules\@quenty\attributeutils\default.project.json: Failed to read Project at game\node_modules\@quenty\attributeutils\src\node_modules.project.json: invalid type: map, expected path string at line 5 column 13

attributeutils\default.project.json looks like this:

{
  "name": "attributeutils",
  "globIgnorePaths": [ "**/.package-lock.json" ],
  "tree": {
    "$path": "src"
  }
}

attributeutils\src\node_modules.project.json is as follows:

{
  "name": "node_modules",
  "globIgnorePaths": [ "**/.package-lock.json" ],
  "tree": {
    "$path": { "optional": "../node_modules" }
  }
}

Thanks! Looks like the problem is caused by the optional path in node_modules.project.json. I will release the fix in the next update (2.0.15).

1 Like

Have been using argon for a long long time and I do think it has already exceeded expectations. However, thereā€™s just one thing I think is missing; Headless API.

Imo, headless API shouldnā€™t be too complex as the roblox plugin already has the functionality to sync code. The headless API would help quite a lot to manage plugins with argon.

Will you work on this? (pretty please :pray:)

This is one of the features that I want to release with the version 2.1. I can however publish a pre-release or just send you the updated plugin binary by the end of this week if you want to. Just let me know!

Thanks a lot! But Iā€™d rather have a stable release on it. Just wanted to know if you were going to work on it and which release would you release it with.

Just glad to know argon has a bright future ahead :purple_heart:

This is wayy more than what I expected :eyes:

1 Like

:eyes:

2 Likes

Property completion? No way Argon does indeed have a bright future ahead.

If that makes argon more stable and not a 50/50 wants to work then why not :sob:

Could you elaborate on this? Syncing code and every other part of the CLI (project building, etc.) in Argon 2 has been extremely stable since the release, whereas syncing other properties is now equally stable after some updates. Currently only unstable feature is two-way sync, though it has only issues with the custom file types such as JSON models which people rarely use.

From my perspective and also from @Ashi_Division 's perspective (who I am working with) we both had issues where most of the time assets would not sync from Server > Client or even Client > Server ending up in us having to restart Visual Studio Code or even roblox studio and pray it works again.

Or from my side, I had to disconnect and reconnect argon on Roblox Studio to even have it sync from Server > Client

This have been happening ever since Version 2.0 of Argon

Are you sure that your plugin is properly configured and project correctly set up? Argon 2 is more strict by default but the legacy behavior can be achieved by tweaking some settings.

If you are sure that this is a bug please provide more details or ideally repro.

Iā€™ll try to see if they are configured correctly, will get back to you when im sure about the cause of the issue

Yeahā€¦ it didnā€™t sync again, checked my configs and they are fine

Come back on this, @Ashi_Division found a fix on the issue i was talking about

No audios on the video but hopefully you can understand what is happening

So the changes donā€™t sync after saving the file right? This seems extremely random so could you provide the project that reproduces this issue? Also, running Argon in verbose mode and sending the output here would help a lot:

1. Set Settings > Argon > Verbose to true
  2. Serve the project
  3. Copy the output from View > Output > Argon

I have verbose set to true now, will let you know if it occurs again and send over the logs / vid

Ahhh, it happen again I had verbose on and nothing printed in console other than this:

Oh, this oneā€™s going to be hard. I can already see itā€™s not Argonā€™s fault as itā€™s actually caused by the notify crate which is used to listen for file changes. It also looks like this bug only occurs for some Windows users.

I would still love to see the .zip of your project to make sure itā€™s not reproducible or occurs on different platforms unless you can produce a minimal repro.

1 Like

Hi Dervex, I will send the ZIP on @Ashi_Division behalf as we both work on the same project

((check your personal messages))

1 Like