Argon - Full featured tool for Roblox development

Once I’m home I will add debugging mode so you will be able to provide me detailed logs.

This plugin is amazing! I will definitely implement this into my workflow. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

I would like better cleaner errors, and see what it is erroring on, so I don’t get confused. Also, whenever I go to another workspace like a discord bot or a different project, Argon will not stop and if I close Visual Studio Code and reopen it, it will automatically start and setup argon stuff in my other projects.

Yeah I definitely have to make error messages better. About Argon running automatically, you can disable that in extension settings. Tho I will probably slightly modify auto run option so it will start automatically once you open lua file.

Yep, I saw it in extension settings and I disabled it. Though, if you could on update on visual studio code, you should update class names automatically if you changed it; this way we don’t have to remind ourselves to do it.

It already updates automatically only when new version is released. You had to update .json file because I added something that isn’t spawnable and it was only one time change so don’t worry you won’t have to do this manually again.

Argon 0.1.3

Changes:

• Now Argon will automatically run once you open .lua or .lua file
  • Added more detailed error messages

New auto run demo:

@Bulldo344 now error messages provide detailed data so please send me this 3 errors again.

Sorry for that but could do that again? I just updated Roblox plugin I forgot to put tostring() in one of the lines of code.

Yep that’s what I thought. Try it now. I think you will still get that error tho the parent should be fixed. Sorry for bothering you but I can’t reproduce this problem.

That’s so weird I can’t still reproduce look:

Could you send me:

• screenshot of file explorer showing “M4 Carabine” and its all descendants
  • screenshot of “M4 Carabine” properties
  • screenshot of “Grip” properties

I’m doing my best to help you but I can’t reproduce that problem sorry!

m4carbine.rbxm (24.2 KB)

1 Like

Found the problem! I’m working on a fix right now.

The problem is literally what I thought. Tool has property named Grip which equals to your child name.

Look:

Alright, so whenever I’m connected to Argon, all of my GUIs are messed up and their positions and everything. Any fix? This is probably an issue with Port to Roblox tbh

Yep that’s because properties are not synced by Argon yet. I will add that feature soon as somebody already asked for it.

I had to roll back versions, because it just messed up my entire game.

Sorry to hear that but I never said that properties are synced.

Can I just say, It’s been only 30 minutes since I found this plugin but I am 90% sure I am going to use this over Roact. It make so much more sense, since i don’t have to completely reorganize my game to fit Roact’s “Everything model should be manually imported into vscode” paradigm.

So thank you.

1 Like