Argon - VS Code sync [Plugin]

I like this simplified model of doing things!
kind of a shame that it isn’t a cli, I like using a lot of unusual editors (like neovim and emacs lol) and itd be pretty helpful
unless there is one and im too lazy to look through the source code
shrug shrug

4 Likes

what about instances inside instances

3 Likes

That’s supported too, look:

8 Likes

woah. now THATS awesome
you really put your soul into this!

5 Likes

When will this be available to use, so I know when I will be porting to this instead of using roblox studio IDE?

4 Likes

In theory you can use this right now but I recommend wait few hours or one day until I release porting feature. Roblox to VS Code sync will be available in 1 - 3 days.

4 Likes

I’m curious what made you choose argon as the name for this.

2 Likes

That was pretty simple. I like names of certain chemical elements e.g. Xenon, Krypton, Sodium and I like icons of Adobe products. When I tried to combine this two things I got this, and I really like it. So my future plugins will have similar name and icon but with different color. :wink:

2 Likes

What about adding properties to it or scripts in scripts?

2 Likes

As I said in one of my previous posts I’m working on it and it will be done by modifying .properties file inside instance.

4 Likes

Will there be a way if I want to work with the studio editor or off-roblox studio not connected and it will override or keep changes?

3 Likes

Yes! There will be dedicated button for that. But I’m gonna make this work after I add two way sync.

2 Likes

oh damn im just not good at reading then am i right?

anyway there might be a point where ill use Argon. thanks

last question; can argon be mixed with rojo?

2 Likes

Argon to Rojo won’t work 100%.

In Rojo to Argon scenario some things should work but first thing I can think about that won’t work is script inside other script. But in this case it’s not a problem because whole game can be ported to Argon with just one button.

3 Likes

No i meant like we can use both argon and rojo in the same folder but in seperate subfolders

2 Likes

I mean, cool plugin? But honestly I prefer to use rojo. It has more of a community than a new plugin. Also rojo has been around for years now, so it’s more stable than this new plugin. I might switch later but I doubt it.

2 Likes

Sure, why not?

2 Likes

Maybe when Argon will be for years with us… :wink:

1 Like

This one is more simplier to use in my opinion and it’s pretty straight-forwarded, where Rojo is confusing and everytime I have to add meta.json file and, all this other stuff. This won’t be for everybody.

1 Like

tbh rojo allows for more customization compared to Argon. Also rojo has roblox-ts support compared to Argon and there’s more of a community if you have problems or whatever compared to Argon. This just seems like an alternative but nothing really that useful to my workload.

3 Likes