Argon is a simple two-way sync plugin for Roblox and extension for Visual Studio Code allowing developers not only to sync code but every possible Roblox class with ease. Argon is an alternative for Rojo not its replacement!
- Two-way sync (currently only from VS Code to Roblox is supported)
- Support for renaming, changing directory and classes
- Porting in both sides with just one button
- Instance syncing with various options
- Customizable, expandable and flexible
- Self updating class database
- Integrated file icon theme
- Very simple in use
- Fast setup
You may ask. Why do we need another syncing plugin if there are already plugins like Rojo. Answer is simple. Argon is not created for huge teams working with ton of external frameworks, libraries or other tools. This plugin is supposed to be easy in use, convenient, intuitive and provide quick project setup.
Main reason why I created this plugin is because I got very frustrated when I had to re-generate Rojo project to put code inside instances that i created after initial project generation.
1. Setting up the project
2. Managing instances
3. Managing scripts
4. Syncing code
5. Porting to Visual Studio Code
6. Porting to Roblox
7. Ignoring instances and classes
All changes are documented in this file
This plugin is still in early stage of development various bugs may occur. Any feedback is highly appreciated!