Arkham's Shadow (WIP Batman Game)

Hello! I’m currently making a batman game that is heavily inspired by Arkham Knight and Spider-Man PS4, and it features a similar free-flow combat style with some original touches of my own. The game also has some RPG elements to it such as gears, upgrades, skill trees, …

Anyways, enough talk, here is a short footage that covers the traversal mechanics in the game, and I would highly appreciate some feedbacks!:

For higher quality: 2024-02-13 10-58-56

6 Likes

ill do a quick pros and cons.

Pros:

• The gliding looks smooth.

• The transition in and out of grappling is good

• The grappling animation is nice, maybe using IK for the hand thats doing the grappling would make it more realistic.

Cons:

• Lack of sounds such as: gliding sounds, grapple reeling sounds and the dive bombing sound (the current one doesn’t match and its too quiet)

• Lacks dynamic camera movement: subtle constant shake that increases based on speed (and diving), fov adjustment based on speed and making the camera follow the player smoothly with lerp (i’d highly suggest not making it fps dependant).

• The transition into gliding isn’t smooth.

• The grappling indicator is above the grappling point (the ledge).

Overall, it just lacks polish, otherwise very good job man!
i love the name as well.

2 Likes

Appreciate it! I am aware of the lack of SFX as I’m not a sound designer myself and it’s just increasingly hard to find one nowadays. I will be sure to add some magic to the camera to make the gliding feel more impactful though.

One quick question, is the current gliding fast enough ? I’m unsure if I should speed it up or keep it the way it is

1 Like

i think it should be fine as is, it encourages the use of the grappling mechanic and some camera magic should make it feel faster.

for the SFX, i feel like searching in the toolbox would be the easiest and the most convenient. Its what i use cause searching on the web takes a lot of time that i’d rather spend on game dev lol.

1 Like