Armor Mechanic Clip

1. What do you want to achieve? K
    I wish for my armor to not clip into itself.

2. What is the issue? Include enough details if possible!
    Armor is clipping into itself, causing the player to fly everywhere.

Gif: https://gyazo.com/f310698388e48163d374fb740820d362

1. What solutions have you thought of so far?
    turned colision off, rewelded everything, searched the forums

After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!

I am making a armor system, all my other armor works fine, for example, my boots and my legs, but my chestplate just keeps clipping and flinging the player. The armor script uses welds, it welds the amror, thats split up for each body part, to the corrosponding body part. Dunno why this is happening, it seems so be working for other people, refeference: Roblox Tutorial: Wearable 3D Armor Part 2(2021) - YouTube

If you could help, it would help me out lots, thanks for your time. If you need any other info i will gladly provide in the replies.

Can you show us what these welds look like in the workspace? The video looks like when the bottom edges of the armor hit the ground, it causes the fling.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, seems like we are in difference timezones, this is a picture of one of the body part’s welds:

Weld is inside character

1 Like

I just deleted the bottom part, and it still flings, disabled ALL collisions on the player and it still flings… and ideas?

Maybe it might be the shoulder pieces?

Is the armor’s collisions enabled? If so you might want to try disabling them. The way it’s flinging you looks like something is interfering with the humanoid root part

the middle part was clipping between upper torso and lower torso, thanks for the suggestions everyone!