Armored Patrol Style Solid Modeling

I’ve been trying to practice Solid Modeling in studio lately, and I recently remembered a game that peaked my interest in it. Armored Patrol’s vehicle models are mostly built with parts, and to add to it, they are all thin plates, with little to no solid wedges. While trying to replicate it, I just couldn’t figure out how they have such precise, perfect angles on their models (See the turret of the tank below for an idea of what I’m talking about).

Closer idea of what I’m talking about (Part of a Free Model):

If anyone knows of a plugin or method of building that could help in replicating this, I would love to hear about it.

like a blueprint? then i have it

Not entirely sure what you mean. I’m more looking for the method of creating the models rather than reference images

You can use temporary wedges to create the shapes.
END RESULT:
To prove there was no wedges, here:

I did mess around a bit with this method, but I ran into 2 problems

1. In order to get seamless angles, I had to calculate the hypotenuse for every wedge, and when using a lot of them, it became pretty tedious

2. While this works for angled parts on 1 orientation, it is quite a bit more difficult to do it for parts like wedges on multiple orientations, specifically like these:

You can try GapFill for number 2.

Upon a closer inspection, it seems like the original developer used Gapfill and temporary wedges (He put a lot more work into the games models than I originally would’ve thought). Thanks everyone for the help.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.