Around 500 new errors that were not errors before with type checking just appeared in our project

Around 500 new errors that were not errors before with type checking just appeared in our project from a recent studio update. We did not change anything
Appears to be something related to game.Players.LocalPlayer, workspace.CurrentCamera, and anything trying to set the Parent of something which has a different type.

This is really bad.

4 Likes

TONS of new frontend warnings as well… Related to indexing children inside of a ScreenGui. Type information seems to be missing. Not showing the actual errors because var names are sensitive. All of these warnings cropped up this morning and didn’t exist last night…

Frustrating.

Edit:
Posting sensitive screenshots in our Guilded channel.

5 Likes

lol

3 Likes

3 Likes

3 Likes

Actually our project has 10,000 errors.

4 Likes

game.Players.LocalPlayer is nullable now also…?

4 Likes

Another new one.

3 Likes

We will soon disable this, thank you for reporting.

5 Likes

For some extra information, we are improving the types of services and globals.

For example, right now you don’t get any errors in this:

--!strict
local rs = game:GetService("RunService")

rs.Heartbeatzzz:Connect(function(deltaTime: number)  end)

local b: number = rs

Unfortunately, the strict typing seem to have ‘infected’ other instances. This was not intended.

3 Likes

game.Players.LocalPlayer always has been nullable; which is a bit idiotic if you ask me because if it was something you could read on the server, I’d understand the nullable type, but it’s not readable on the server.

3 Likes

I was having a simuler problem with game.players.localplayer but now that I’ve opened studio again all the errors have gone

3 Likes

Rollback seems to have resolved the issues

Main issues are:

1. Things not accepting any type of Instance as a parent when they are found to have typed parent’s.
  2. workspace.CurrentCamera, game.Players.LocalPlayer being nillable - and any similar things. These should not be labeled as such. Requires far too much overhead to deal with. On the client, it’s perfectly acceptable that they will not be nil. Things like this just don’t make any sense to assert in every…single…place…

We are closing this thread based on the above:

Thank you for the update!

1 Like