Artcore/Breakcore feedback

I made a simple Artcore (or breakcore) track to mark the end of 2022 and ready for 2023, sweet.

nothing too complicated cause I was in a hurry, sorry if it’s not the right “breakcore standards”.
any thoughts?

3 Likes

It does have more artcore style than breakcore, namely due to the piano. The genre is closer to artcore since it incorporates some orchestral elements, but if you were to include more atmospheric orchestras in the backing, it would be more obvious to artcore. One more thing to note it has some glitchy elements, which could indicate a genre closer to glitch.

There’s something you can do about the piano. Damage control your lower-ends, and it’s usually the offending frequencies of below 30 Hz(or subs). This helps making bass and kick more pronounced. Also the high-end of the piano seems to pierce a little, maybe it’s due to amplification caused by the unison with glitchy sounds(bitcrushing)?

The breaks are generally fine in terms of level control.

What if you tried to insert some more hall-ish reverbs which helps setting more atmosphere to more artcore-esques?

The glitches seem a bit too loud in the mix, maybe dial them back a notch.

3 Likes

I absolutely love the piano and the chords at the start before everything comes in at :27, it creates a real nice contrast. The samples at around :50 create a really distinct sound that creates an enjoyable B section while keeping to the sound of the piece.

Transition at 1:32 back to the A section as nicely done. The synths that come in that weren’t in the original A section creates a delightful new sound so as everything isn’t just copied and pasted over.

Only thing I can think of changing up/playing around with is reverb. I believe adding more depth to the piece overall can improve it greatly! Other than that, it was a nice short piece even if you were in a hurry to make it.

4 Likes

Ah, I never thought about that much, but I will see if I can work on it for my next soundtrack, pretty useful!

Yes, I use bitcrushing just to implement a small morse code section in the track, for fun. And yes, I forgot to dial it down while working on the mastering, oof.

Reverb would be nice, or maybe playing around with atmospheric pads, both works well!
Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like