As a developer, how do you plan your games?

After thinking of a concept for a game I spend a day or two brainstorming and keeping track of every idea that comes to mind via Trello, then I sort them out and begin working from there once I have a complete idea of what the game will be like.

2 Likes

In terms of building, Iā€™d brainstorm ideas for the location, then the ones Iā€™d like would be ones Iā€™d write the music for. Once Iā€™d be done with the music Iā€™d build the area while listening to the song. Itā€™s a lot easier to get a good feel for the area and music meshing together when you build while listening to the song.

2 Likes

To be honest I build all around the place. I normally do build the base part of the terrain first and work from there. After I build everything I need I switch it all up to make it fit and look better. Pretty simple process for me heh.

1 Like

I sort of visualize the whole game in my head and make it come to life, I start by creating the data template so I can get an idea for how the server will handle everything, then I start working on the client so that everything is interactive while making sure I put slight obstacles in the game in which it can be paid to bypass.

1 Like

cheers for this, really helped me to think about a upcoming project I have

Hi Iā€™m a little late to this Prompt: This topic was last replied to 12 months ago.

I left a reply that would be relevant in another thread semi-similar to this one.