As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to repeatedly upload animations in a tight iteration loop. Note that:
- Animations are cached (or appear to be cached), so updating doesn’t work
- Roblox doesn’t remember the group we have selected in the pane, so now we have to spend 15 seconds scrolling to find the correct item
- There’s no way to preview animations in the toolbox, create.roblox.com or anywhere else
- Animations must be reuploaded to
- Because of cached animation ids we’ve started rotating our animations so we have to update ids too
- Copying animation names back into the box is also painful, there’s no way to preview or view the animation you’re uploading so you just have to remember the animation
- It’s annoying you have to even upload animations at all, since animations can’t be used outisde of the creator point
Even if animations weren’t cached this workflow actually is horrible. We can’t preview animations on create.roblox.com. We can’t delete animations. To see what a preview would be awesome.
If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my development experience because development might be more bearable.