As their on fire How do I smoothly simulate the players clothing visually melting and tattering into pieces

So I have this firepit that sets the player on fire after they touch it which ticks damage it can be negated by going into water I am using a custom character. I can’t figure out how to have a good looking effect like this I mean I will use partical to make it look like scraps are coming off but simply putting a teared shirt looking decal on the custom players torso is not good enough I mean that looks okay but it’s not believable enough looking. I want their to actaully be a transition on the shirt where it slowly starts to get more burnt and have patch’s that actaully grow bigger over time and change their appearance rather then a flat decal so basically I am asking how do I make it dynamic looking I am very experienced with coding fyi

I can add images of my custom character if needed. As noted before a non dynamic decal just won’t cut it. I want people the results to wowing and atleast somewhat boundary pushing

Try making multiple decals of melted spots and set thier color as character’s skin color, make them slowly transition by transparency tweens.

EDIT: Example of the said effect

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.