ASA, Audio Spreadsheet Assistant (MUST SEE!)

Introduction and Purpose

Hello everyone! Following the announcement of the worst update to ever plague Roblox, I have decided to give back to the community. The update that Roblox is pushing will destroy the textbox but most important will allow free audio, at a limit though. This limit is insanely crippling to people like me with only 10 audios PER MONTH.

ASA allows you to simply assemble a sound object that has multiple effects or songs in one clip to compile them all and bypass the limit. This is done by storing audio clips into a localized database in the module and then allowing you to access them based on a key, the name of the audio.

Documentation

I designed ASA to combat a major problem by simplifying it, that is why I have designed it so that the majority of people only ever use two functions, provided below:
(ASA does have pause, resume, stop functionalities along with property setting functionality.)

function ASA._segmentAudio(audio, timeStamps, names)
This function takes into factor the Sound object, a table of timestamps for each clip’s beginning, and your desired names for each clip, in the same order as the timestamp.

function ASA._playAudio(name)
This function only takes one factor into consideration, the name of the desired audio clip. Simply enter that in and it is smooth sailing.

Instructions

To use ASA, simply require the module in a script. Segment your desired Sound instance that has multiple sound effects or music tracks packed into it. Then you can play any audio clip by referencing it by name, in any script through the game that requires ASA!

Ending

ASA is free for all to use. Hopefully, Roblox will revert this update and this will become a failsafe for a future that never came to be! Even if the update continues, at least everyone has this to fall back onto

LINK: ASA (Audio Spreadsheet Assistant) - Roblox
GitHub Repository: https://github.com/EternalEther/ASA/tree/main
(I have never used a GitHub repository so let me know if I did something wrong!)

If you have any suggestions for features, improvements, or questions, simply leave a reply. Thanks for reading!

12 Likes

You are amazing, thanks for this resource.

Now we don’t need to worry much about this hilarious limit

Rename the code to /src/main.lua

1 Like

Hey , I’ve found out that your module is as limited as SoundService, perhaps add stop and setproperties?

1 Like

Sure! Would you mind explaining set properties though?

1 Like

Simple as

function setproperties(tableofproperties)
for i,v in pairs(tableofproperties) do
audio[i] = v
end
end
-- setproperties({Volume = 10}) -- would make volume 10

I hope you get it.

Oh yeah and for property like looped, you might need to invent a custom one for looped.

And maybe drop playing.

1 Like

I will be implementing properties, resume/pause/stop, and I actually was working on a little update anyway. I’ll have it out within an hour.

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

UPDATE 2

Seeing that some people want ASA to provide a bit more functionality, I have gone ahead and provided an update for you guys! This update brings a pause, resume, and stop function along with a way to tweak properties of the sound object for each song, natively.

Enjoy, all changes are reflected in the model and the GitHub!
@commitblue

2 Likes

Just to note that this will cause issues if the player get’s disconnected as audios continue playing to the end after getting disconnected.

1 Like