Asset Browser - Quick & Easy Asset Management

EDIT: I have another idea: the ability to do a selection box. Lets say you want to delete multiple things at once, well make it so you can use a selection box like in the explorer and press delete to delete them.

I actually tried to do a selection box but it failed for a reason I don’t remember. I can try again of course and see if I get it working this time.

Maybe also add an “undo” and “redo” for doing things such as deleting and adding objects such as libraries, folders and assets.

Redo & Undo should work partially with the built in hotkeys but they might be a bit wonky. Adding built in systems probably wouldn’t hurt either. I’ll look into it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey! I found a bug in your plugin. The CanvasSize of the scrollingframe does not autoscale. If I have too many assets I just can’t scroll to the bottom!

1 Like

Oh crap, looks like I forgot to add that in. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll go have a look.

1 Like

Hello!
So, as I was using the plugin I was annoyed by a feature.
When I click on a folder:
It selects the folder in the ServerStorage, my current selection is lost.
Could you please make that so it doesn’t select the folder? It’s very annoying.

Sure I’ll do that or maybe add a option to toggle between the selection modes once I get home. Thanks for the feedback! And I still gotta add that automatic canvas size feature. I’ll do both today.

1 Like

Since CTRL + Z doesn’t work very well with the plugin I decided to add my own method for undoing big actions such as replacing a whole line of assets with another. From now on, you will be presented with an option to undo the most recent replacement action and revert back to how it was before it with a heads up UI on the top of your screen like this:

If you run into issues with this or anything else with the plugin please let me know. And if you have any cool ideas or just feedback I’d be more than happy to hear what you have to say.

Can you add a setting to prevent the window from automatically popping up. It is getting a bit annoying the fact that it pops up during play tests and when I first start Studio.

1 Like

Yeah, it would be great if the plugin could record it’s state as a setting and use this to open or close itself when it’s initialized!

Amazing plugin, just started using it today and I love it. Small nitpick though, or maybe a suggestion?

I’m not a big fan of how the Asset Browser libraries exist loosely in ServerStorage. As someone who also makes plugins seeing a ton of random folders congest up ServerStorage is sort of a pain. I would love to see them exist within a main folder specific for Asset Browser.

Also,

Sure I’ll do that or maybe add an option to toggle between the selection modes once I get home. Thanks for the feedback! And I still gotta add that automatic canvas size feature. I’ll do both today.

was this ever followed through? I’d also love to see this feature implemented. And if it already was implemented then I guess I can’t find it

1 Like

Great suggestions. I might make a single folder to contain all the libraries you create so they don’t fill the entirety of ServerStorage. However, I do want creators to also have the freedom to put them wherever they want without the code relying on some folder to exist in ServerStorage. I do recommend simply sorting them out yourself for now and putting the folders wherever you think is best. If I come up with a better solution I’ll definitely implement it. Alternatively, you can also assign premade folders as libraries by selecting them and clicking the add library button.

And as for the selection thingy it was sort of left in the dark for reasons I don’t remember and I should probably add the feature as soon as I can. Right now it’s a tad bit difficult to do any work but I’ll try to find some time to get the feature out.

Thank you for the comment and the suggestions. I am happy to hear you like the plugin!

1 Like

What I exactly needed.

Does this work on local places?

If so, this is amazing, now I don’t need to publish the game

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about Asset Management for a long time too! And wanted to implement it in exactly the same way. With a function to update the original instances.

It’s an absolutely wonderful tool! I’m using it now.

Yes, I would also like to have one folder in ServerStorage. Within which the plugin itself already works.

1 Like

Also, why don’t you store those assets in the plugin itself instead of ServerStorage?

Hey do you think you could add a light mode? I use light mode and the plugin stand’s out weirdly, if you don’t want to then it’s fine though!

1 Like

Yes it does! It doesn’t require you to publish the game for it to function.

1 Like

Thanks for this amazing plugin.

1 Like

I want creators to have manual access to the assets as well.

I’ll see what I can do. I won’t be able to do that for some time though. Might take very long so the best you can do is to live with it for now I suppose.

1 Like

Does not seem to be working anymore, I just installed it but it wont let me use it. none of the buttons do anything and does not register clicks.

1 Like

That’s rather odd. I gotta take a look once I got time to make sure I haven’t broken anything. Could you tell me exactly what isn’t working.