Asset Delivery API Documentation?

I’m trying to use the Roblox Asset Delivery Api to import avatars into unity, but I could barely find any documentation on it, specifically the headers. I’ve been using the /v1/assetId/{assetId} endpoint and just passing in a star (*) for all the headers, except for the assetId and AssetType. I can import and manage assets easily using this C# library (huge props to @Maximum_ADHD), and following one of his posts I’ve even been able to get meshes working, but I’m confused on what any of the other headers actually mean, like the AssetFormat or Roblox-AssetFormat.

I’m kind of new to HTTP requests in general, so I don’t know if these are common headers or not, but countless google searches haven’t revealed anything, and I feel like I could be using this Web API more efficiently. I also don’t know what the difference is between the Asset Delivery API v1 and v2, other than that the response body is formatted differently.

NOTE: I already got importing assets to work, I just want to know what the headers mean and if I could be using this API more efficiently.

1 Like

Most of the fields aren’t required, it’s just weird extra internal noise. All you have to do is hit https://assetdelivery.roblox.com/v1/asset/?ID={id} and if the authenticated user has permission to fetch the asset, it’ll be sent back as a binary blob.

4 Likes

I thought the fields might have changed something about the asset, but if not then I’ll stick with what I’ve been doing. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.