Asset exploiting?

So I’ve heard things about place exploiting, ie; stealing models and serverscripts, etc, how would I go about preventing this?
(I don’t even know if its an issue anymore, but my modeler is concerned about his assets being leaked)

There are some plugin to help detect backdoors. This mostly happens if you or your modeler uses free models.

1 Like

Then your modeler has a hard life ahead of him/herself because geometry will always be up for grabs. It needs to be streamed to clients after all and stored on the device, and you may assume exploiters have full control of their devices. Things that the client needs to play the game will always be up for grabs for exploiters.

This can pretty much only happen when you have an infected plugin installed or some virus scripts in your game (i.e. you accidentally installed/inserted something dodgy). Use the plugin linked above to check for those.

8 Likes

Thanks, I don’t care much about my client scripts, as they’re useless without the server ones, he feels much better knowing his stuff is good lol.

(Also, I don’t use anything that isn’t made by me, or ROBLOX)
Thanks a bunch :heart: