Asset Finder script (recover old IDs)

so i cooked up a quick script that can find the name of any asset
works with audio, decals, and models. might bug out if the animation is privated

here’s the code:

local market = game:GetService("MarketplaceService")
local asset_id = 566988802 --replace this with any id

local asset = market:GetProductInfo(asset_id)
print(asset.Creator, asset.Created, asset.Updated, asset.Name, asset.IsForSale, asset.URL)

paste it into a server script into the Workspace, then click Run

here’s what the Output looks like

2 Likes

BROO THIS IS SO FRICKING GOOOOOD BRO WHY DONT WE GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS LIKE!!! wow

also just another thing like I found another thing like u can ;likle put the id into the url tab in google and find stuff but this is just ve r cool.

2 Likes

what did you add for the url code? i’ll edit the code if needed

not really anything special but you could just like use the default roblox url

https://create.roblox.com/store/asset/<userid>

and put the user id in there rather than going here to find the script. you could also just type the simple line of code urself most of the time but it’s fine for beginners ig?

in ur case the id would be:

1 Like

thx

i find it so annoying how theres barely any info with stuff like .Creator or .Created for the market api, it’s being gatekept fr

So you are re-releasing a Roblox built-in function for the MarketplaceService??

What’s the point of this post when you can just go to the creator hub docs?

nobody has posted something like this yet, i just compiled the code into an easy function

finally tried scripting stuff for real and made something that can be helpful for people, good job and keep up the good work prognosticator, as far as i can tell youre more serious about scripting this time :grin:

1 Like

i like compiling obscure stuff like this
i’ll be on the path of redemption one day
guts-berserk

1 Like