Asset hidden

I saw something about the ability too hide our models from the public, so I came up with a simple solution:

On models, decals, etc. Have an option called “Hidden” that can be checked on or off, having it on will be simple, does not list it in our assets, the catalog, and going directly to the link for it will give you an error page/404 page.

For groups, any people with “Create and edit group games” permission will be able too see the assets.
This will also prevent any place/studio from loading that asset unless they have permission.

The idea is too simply have hidden assets that can’t be found for updates/or other projects.

Why?

This is why.

It’s possible to delete it completely from your inventory (As I have been doing). Others cannot view your items and you can still view them under the ‘Develop’ tab.

EDIT: The only way people can access them is using bots to scan through IDs and searching the decal name under Library (given you have the decal name fairly obvious to the actual asset)

1 Like

This is why.[/quote]
^^^

That explains it. IF we keep out audio hidden, people can’t use it in their games.

If I spend an hour creating a graphic for my game, I don’t want any user who comes along to be able to get the asset ID and use the same graphic in their game.

Support.

This has been brought up a number of times before, but I’d still like this. I really don’t care that users can still get my assets, but they don’t even have to work for it, at least make it inconvenient. We don’t need a page to show off our game assets that aren’t free to take.

Yep. Seen this suggestion before, and I totally want this.

Although, I’d like to have a ‘hidden’ button for each section of my inventory, instead of every individual asset in each section (so I can turn off all of my audios with 1 click really easily). :stuck_out_tongue:

I do want to point out while in most cases a player doesn’t need to see assets that aren’t free to take, module scripts can conflict with that.

“I do want to point out while in most cases a player doesn’t need to see assets that aren’t free to take, module scripts can conflict with that.”

The page shouldn’t be inaccessible – that’s not going to solve anything. All non-public assets should not show up in inventories and should not show up in search results. Get rid of this horrible “feature” and the problem is pretty much solved:

. The only problem with this for game is that you can’t join an inactive place, so if I wanted to hide my place while making it whoops I can’t test it on different accounts anymore.

1 Like

I actually posted about this not too long ago: link

fiddler is a thing that exists and circumvents these things rather easily.

If this goes through, I hope it covers the current case where you can delete the asset from your inventory, and even rename it to e.g. - (searchable? dunno), and still find it like this:

http://www.roblox.com/develop/library?CatalogContext=2&Subcategory=8&CreatorID=5778382&CurrencyType=0&pxMin=0&pxMax=0&SortType=3&SortAggregation=3&SortCurrency=0&IncludeNotForSale=true&LegendExpanded=true&Category=8

Other than that, surely an option.

And what of how you can export a game for example while wearing someone’s clothes that you don’t own? I’d like for clothes to not be exportable for players.

I know most people make wallpapers and such with this but that should be protected in some way.

And what of how you can export a game for example while wearing someone’s clothes that you don’t own? I’d like for clothes to not be exportable for players.

That or at the very least secure the players Cloth material UV map butnindont figure that is quite possible.