Asset manager: Copy multiple ids and import images in selected order

I often import dozens (sometimes hundreds) of images at a time, and I always need a list of asset ids. It would be great if I could copy the names and asset ids of my selection. There could be an option here that copies data from your selection.
A format like this would be acceptable: {"Name1", "rbxassetid://1000", "Name2", "rbxassetid://1001", "Name3", "rbxassetid://1002"}. This way I can use a command to sort through everything and add it to neat lists.

It’s also inconvenient that the asset manager imports images in reverse order:
It should import starting from the first image I selected in the file explorer.

I encode assetId numbers to strings using string.pack, and it can be convenient to be able to delta-encode sorted ids. Usually my asset id arrays range by 1000, which means I can still pack it as string.pack("LHH", minimumId, offset1, offset2, ...). For the most compact strings, perhaps the asset system could reserve consecutive assetIds for your account when importing, so that the ids are offset by a fixed interval.

I use multiple resolutions like this so that my textures perform well when needed, but still scale pleasantly and look sharp regardless of screen resolution and device resolution scaling. It can also be useful to snap up or down to the nearest image resolution to prevent rescale artifacts.

8 Likes